i5-2450M
Graphics
HD3000, 1024x768
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I'm desperate for help.

Been running Mavericks on a HP Probook 4530s for almost 4 years perfectly.

The HD has now died so it's time to start again. Bought a new HD and installed it inside the laptop, I then followed the guide: Yosomite on HP laptops to the letter.

Problem is I cant even get to the clover screen. : /

3 different usbs tried in all the various usb ports, After pressing F9 to boot from said usb all i get is a black screen saying nothing bootable is present. (see attached pics)

I have tried EVERY config.plist file that is in the config.zip file and placed it in /EFI/Clover/ each time.

I always get the same end result each time. I really need this machine back up and running so I can work. Any help is really really appreciated. I have spent the last two days pulling my hair out!

Many thanks
Paul

I've also included my last report from the same machine that I did a few years back, might be of some use?
Full Report from last time here

Attachments

• unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 416
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 255
Hey guys, I'm desperate for help.

Been running Mavericks on a HP Probook 4530s for almost 4 years perfectly.

The HD has now died so it's time to start again. Bought a new HD and installed it inside the laptop, I then followed the guide: Yosomite on HP laptops to the letter.

Problem is I cant even get to the clover screen. : /

3 different usbs tried in all the various usb ports, After pressing F9 to boot from said usb all i get is a black screen saying nothing bootable is present. (see attached pics)

I have tried EVERY config.plist file that is in the config.zip file and placed it in /EFI/Clover/ each time.

I always get the same end result each time. I really need this machine back up and running so I can work. Any help is really really appreciated. I have spent the last two days pulling my hair out!

Many thanks
Paul

I've also included my last report from the same machine that I did a few years back, might be of some use?
Full Report from last time here
new guide here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Hey thanks for the speedy reply, I've read all that new stuff but most of it is wayyyy too advanced for me. I just don't get it.

Why doesn't the old guide work for me? I'm following it to the letter, using an older OSX (from the era it was written), and using an older compatible laptop.

I really need to get this machine up and running asap, what would you advise for a rusty noob like me?

I have my time machine backups from the dead HD, could I restore from them if I could manage to boot in with something? Any help appreciated , its been a long time since my last hack and things have changed A LOT!!

Paul

Hey thanks for the speedy reply, I've read all that new stuff but most of it is wayyyy too advanced for me. I just don't get it.

Why doesn't the old guide work for me? I'm following it to the letter, using an older OSX (from the era it was written), and using an older compatible laptop.

I really need to get this machine up and running asap, what would you advise for a rusty noob like me?

I have my time machine backups from the dead HD, could I restore from them if I could manage to boot in with something? Any help appreciated , its been a long time since my last hack and things have changed A LOT!!

Paul
it is quite straight forward guide, all the hard work as been done for you. Follow as is and you will be surprised :)

it is quite straight forward guide, all the hard work as been done for you. Follow as is and you will be surprised :)

I really wish I had your expertise! The first guide I mentioned above is written more like a guide with stages and pictures. The one you link to is more just collection of useful explanations, but they are totally alien concepts to me. Unfortunately I need a guide more like the former.

I am typing this on my first ever hackintosh (SL 10.6.3) which I had to unearth as I dont have any other computer! Don't think unibeast will work on this machine but is there anything other than clover that I could try? Would take any OSX install right now as I'm desperate...

Many thanks
Paul

I really wish I had your expertise! The first guide I mentioned above is written more like a guide with stages and pictures. The one you link to is more just collection of useful explanations, but they are totally alien concepts to me. Unfortunately I need a guide more like the former.

I am typing this on my first ever hackintosh (SL 10.6.3) which I had to unearth as I dont have any other computer! Don't think unibeast will work on this machine but is there anything other than clover that I could try? Would take any OSX install right now as I'm desperate...

Many thanks
Paul

Follow the guide as written. It is not difficult:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back