Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am using a mouse and them touch pad is in my way as I accidentally keep brushing it while typing.... Can it b deactivated?

I am using a mouse and them touch pad is in my way as I accidentally keep brushing it while typing.... Can it b deactivated?

If you are using my driver (if you used a recent ProBook Installer, you are), you can do a couple of things:

(Note: These instructions are for Lion)
- make sure "Ignore accidental trackpad input" is enabled in SysPrefs -> Trackpad
- manually disable the trackpad when using your mouse with double-tap on the "LED area" or with Fn+delete.
- automatically disable the trackpad when a USB mouse is connected via SysPrefs -> Universal Access -> Mouse & Trackpad -> Trackpad Options -> "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present"

I am using windows 7 professional

LOL!

You realize you posted to a site/forum dedicated to running OS X on the ProBook?

At any rate, you only have one option on Win7:
- manually disable the trackpad when using your mouse with double-tap on the "LED area" (LED will turn orange)

Whoops!!! This is complicated because there is NO LED LIGHT on my laptop...apparently they made two versions of the laptop... Why they did not give them separate model numbers defies logic.

Whoops!!! This is complicated because there is NO LED LIGHT on my laptop...apparently they made two versions of the laptop... Why they did not give them separate model numbers defies logic.

Are you sure? I've never seen a 4530s without it. It is barely visible when not lit and very small. The area for double tap/LED is in the upper left corner 1/4" from the top edge, and 5/16" from the left edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back