Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4530s Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I got it installed. There are a few things that doesn't work. Brightness up and down but IntelBacklight loads as it dims the screen down also VoodooPS2 doesn't work under Trackpad. Also Bluetooth doesn't work in verbose mode it fails to load. But everything else seems to be working. Audio, WIFI, Ethernet, Battery Icon, Graphics is working. One thing I have noticed is that the volume buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work. But its only a Beta so a lot of things will change.

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 05.12.58.png

I've got 10.12 installed on my HP ProBook 4440s, and it is running quite well. Keyboard and Touchpad are the only two things for me that are "working". Function keys don't work right (brightness, volume, playback, etc), and the touchpad preference pane is non functional. It's a known issue with VoodooPS2 apparently so I am hoping there is a fix soon for it :)

I've got 10.12 installed on my HP ProBook 4440s, and it is running quite well. Keyboard and Touchpad are the only two things for me that are "working". Function keys don't work right (brightness, volume, playback, etc), and the touchpad preference pane is non functional. It's a known issue with VoodooPS2 apparently so I am hoping there is a fix soon for it :)

Patches need updating.

Patches need updating.

It's not a patch problem. The way things are coded in Sierra breaks certain functions of VoodooPS2Mouse
Trackpad pane being blank is a bug in Sierra, dunno if they plan to fix or remove
Keyboard brightness and volume key implementation has been altered in core OS. Will probably be fixed, else need to remap keyboard.

It's not a patch problem. The way things are coded in Sierra breaks certain functions of VoodooPS2Mouse
Trackpad pane being blank is a bug in Sierra, dunno if they plan to fix or remove
Keyboard brightness and volume key implementation has been altered in core OS. Will probably be fixed, else need to remap keyboard.

It's not just VoodooPS2 that is broken. Some patches are broken.

So I got it installed. There are a few things that doesn't work. Brightness up and down but IntelBacklight loads as it dims the screen down also VoodooPS2 doesn't work under Trackpad. Also Bluetooth doesn't work in verbose mode it fails to load. But everything else seems to be working. Audio, WIFI, Ethernet, Battery Icon, Graphics is working. One thing I have noticed is that the volume buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work. But its only a Beta so a lot of things will change.

View attachment 203693

I don't know what you mean by "Bluetooth doesn't work"... What is the specific issue.
The other issues you mention are well known.

I don't know what you mean by "Bluetooth doesn't work"... What is the specific issue.
The other issues you mention are well known.

In verbose mode it say IOath3kfrmwr.kext failed. How ever it doesn't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back