Intel 3000 on FHD Screen
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HP Probook 4530s doesn't boot anymore on F.40

Hi there, I've had my notebook on 10.8.2 for half a year. Now I started my new SSD with a fresh installation of 10.8.3. Everything works fine, but I get no Wifi signal at all. I've installed the Atheros 9285 patch, but nothing changed. I can switch Wifi on and off, but it doesn't recognize my router, or any other router around. Wifi worked great on 10.8.2.

Hi there, I've had my notebook on 10.8.2 for half a year. Now I started my new SSD with a fresh installation of 10.8.3. Everything works fine, but I get no Wifi signal at all. I've installed the Atheros 9285 patch, but nothing changed. I can switch Wifi on and off, but it doesn't recognize my router, or any other router around. Wifi worked great on 10.8.2.

Check if your WiFi works on Windows or Linux. Also, try pressing the WiFi on/off button in upper right (then be patient).

Ok, thanks. Pressing the button solved it. Didn't have to do it on 10.8.2.

But now I got a more serious problem. I've updated to F.40, from F.29, now I can't even boot up my mac partition. And booting my Mountain Lion USB Dongle doesn't work too. I've tried to downgrade to F.29, but on there, it has not changed. It shows the Apple sceen and then resets. So what could be the problem here?

Ok, thanks. Pressing the button solved it. Didn't have to do it on 10.8.2.

But now I got a more serious problem. I've updated to F.40, from F.29, now I can't even boot up my mac partition. And booting my Mountain Lion USB Dongle doesn't work too. I've tried to downgrade to F.29, but on there, it has not changed. It shows the Apple sceen and then resets. So what could be the problem here?

Remove /Extra/dsdt.aml from your HDD (you will need to boot into your Unibeast USB and use Terminal):
Code:
# to remind you what your ML volume name is on your HDD
ls -l /Volumes
# remove DSDT
rm /Volumes/name-of-hdd-ml-volume/Extra/dsdt.aml

Then boot (now without a DSDT). Regenerate one via ProBook Installer v6.1. Make sure you follow the instructions for DSDT generator (you will select 1 option from each of the 4 groups).

Problem here is, when I try to boot USB mode, with the ML installer and terminal, it doesn't work. I can only boot to chimera on that USB dongle, nothing more. It restarts everytime I try to enter something. Only W7 works.

Problem here is, when I try to boot USB mode, with the ML installer and terminal, it doesn't work. I can only boot to chimera on that USB dongle, nothing more. It restarts everytime I try to enter something. Only W7 works.

Check your BIOS settings. You haven't really described your hardware here, so I can't tell you what to look for exactly. But obviously, you installed at one point, so you should be able to get to the installer again.

Possibilities:
- VT-d enabled (depends on whether your CPU has that feature)
- Radeon enabled (you haven't mentioned Radeon, but...)

Also, see the sticky guide for a list of things to check wrt BIOS settings...

My hardware is i5 2410M, 8GB Ram, Graphic card is inside, but I dunno which at the moment. But it did worked well with it, until Bios update.

VTd is disabled, external graphics too. The Bios settings remained the same, after the update. AHCI is enabled too.

I dunno, why it doesn't even start the installer.

My hardware is i5 2410M, 8GB Ram, Graphic card is inside, but I dunno which at the moment. But it did worked well with it, until Bios update.

You should add this stuff to your profile/signature. Eventually the post where you just wrote your specs, gets lost and then no one knows what you have any more. This is why we have the profile with each post. See rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

You should be able to see if your laptop has switchable AMD graphics at the main BIOS info screen.

VTd is disabled, external graphics too. The Bios settings remained the same, after the update. AHCI is enabled too.

What "external graphics"??

The "switchable graphics" is what you want to disable. It is possible a BIOS upgrade changed some options for you... Check your BIOS boot options too.

I dunno, why it doesn't even starts the installer.

Maybe you should try re-creating your Unibeast USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back