Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530S - No Sound, Battery shows X in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530S
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have followed the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html to install Mavericks on my HP ProBook 4530S. Everything was smooth - booting from USB, installing the ProBook Installer. I have a boot0 boot1 error which I know how to resolve. But after I restarted my laptop it still has no sound. Also the battery icon on top right has an X mark in it. Although laptop does work when the power cord is unplugged.

Please help guys!

Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but I'd run the probook installer again. Pay particular attention to to the sections that are specific to your laptop, as I assume this is where those kexts come from. For example: do you have a newer or older 4530s? Mine is the i3 2310m which is a Sandybridge, but if you have an Ivybridge, you need to make sure you are checking the sections for JUST your ProBook.

This assumes you are not using the Clover method:

Check -
OSX Support Kexts - 4x30s
DSDT Generator / Patcher > 4x30s
Fan Behavior - I chose Original
Display Type - Low res if it hasn't got the 1080p screen upgrade
Optional Patches - Atheros 9285 Patch if you have that card - You need to check this
Check SSDT Generator
System definitions > What CPU does your 4530s have? make sure this is correct
Check Chameleon r2344
I didn't check anything in Optional Hardware specific changes
Misc OSX fixes > Sllep Fix > I used sleep Image Fix here
Extra Tools: All optional are handy to have. I checked -
- Old Kexts Remover
- Chameleon Wizard
- Kext Wizard
- I didn't install HWMonitor from here as there is no mention of Mavericks, so Installed that Manually
- MaciASL
- Show all files
- Trim enabler IF YOU HAVE AN SSD
- Camera Control

Do that again and see what you get

I have followed the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html to install Mavericks on my HP ProBook 4530S. Everything was smooth - booting from USB, installing the ProBook Installer. I have a boot0 boot1 error which I know how to resolve. But after I restarted my laptop it still has no sound. Also the battery icon on top right has an X mark in it. Although laptop does work when the power cord is unplugged.

Please help guys!

You need to fix the boot0 error before going any further.

Yes, I did solve the boot0 error.

I tried with ProBook Installer 6.1.11 and everything seemed working. The battery shows percentage, sound is available. Further I wanted to dualboot my laptop. So I installed Elementary OS Luna on a different partition. I lost the boot again. Booted with the original Mavericks installation USB and reached desktop, used the ProBook installer to reinstall chameleon. On restart everything seemed good. The bootloader is back, I can select and boot to Elementary. But when I select Macintosh partition the screen hangs after a minute or so showing Apple logo and the activity indicator. I don't what is wrong now? What could have gone wrong.

Once again I tried with Unibeast pendrive and booted to Macintosh partition. It does take me to login screen. I enter my password, the deskop loads very slowly and voila - the screen hangs!

I tried with ProBook Installer 6.1.11 and everything seemed working. The battery shows percentage, sound is available. Further I wanted to dualboot my laptop. So I installed Elementary OS Luna on a different partition. I lost the boot again. Booted with the original Mavericks installation USB and reached desktop, used the ProBook installer to reinstall chameleon. On restart everything seemed good. The bootloader is back, I can select and boot to Elementary. But when I select Macintosh partition the screen hangs after a minute or so showing Apple logo and the activity indicator. I don't what is wrong now? What could have gone wrong.

For complex multi-boot, see my blog... link in signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back