Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530s (I5/I7) Official Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Arch Linux x86_64
CPU
I5 2410m
Graphics
Intel 3000 HD 6490m Amd
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Work in progress.
Just to let you know, wireless and lan will work with 2 Kext.
This laptop is equipped with 6490m and intel HD 3000, so it should work with GraphicsEnabler=No (same as macbook pro).
It's a sandybridge.
the trackpad is a "Synaptic" one, which is the same of mac.
I have ordered one last week and it will arrive soon (Also with an OCZ SSD :twisted:).
SSD + Laptop + External HD Box (so i won't waste the 640GB of the internal HD swapped with SSD) = 850€.

If the installation will go correctly, this is gonna be one of the best laptop hackintosh ever seen.

Anxious to hear about this!!! I am about to purchase same laptop. I have 10.6.8 running great on my desktop, anxious to upgrade it to 10.7 and get my laptop to 10.7 too.

There is a guy that has already gotten everything working minus bluetooth. See here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... Book_4530s

About to start on my buddy's that he just got in today from a slickdeal. His is a Core i3, but I'm pretty sure it will be about the same.

augenbrauezug said:
Anxious to hear about this!!! I am about to purchase same laptop. I have 10.6.8 running great on my desktop, anxious to upgrade it to 10.7 and get my laptop to 10.7 too.

I will also add a guide to install Lion on the PC and then Clone the hard drive to the laptop so it can be directly installed without any issue.
As soon as i get the laptop, i will update the post ;)
fr3z3rburn said:
There is a guy that has already gotten everything working minus bluetooth. See here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... Book_4530s

About to start on my buddy's that he just got in today from a slickdeal. His is a Core i3, but I'm pretty sure it will be about the same.

I have the version with the 6490m, which is the same of the Macbook Pro. i will try to make it work =) and maybe i will do an installer.

AWESOME thread. Looking into one of these laptops since I've been seeing success with them on the wifi/trackpad n keyboard/graphics standpoint.

...will be watching closely. :thumbup: :wave:

I have it with just the hd 3000.

And the flaw with that guide, is it uses an install disc, so I have no clue what has changed from a regular lion install.

I have not made a guide. I am more or less using a guide from the HCL and modifying it. I may write one eventually.

The guide posted in the HCL is the best I have found. However a few things to note:

Wifi is 100% random on when it works. I fixed wifi using another kext. If you follow that guide, skip installing the io802011.kext and atherosfix.kext or whatever, and follow the one from the hcl wiki.

Sound is enabled, but you can't make it higher, lower, or mute it.

I don't like how the Extra folder is set up because I don't know what is in it that boots.

If you do follow that guide, note that after installing it, I could not boot without using safe mode (-x) and then after installing chimera (use the remixed theme, the other looks glitchy) and the MacbookPro8,1 definition, I can now boot fine with full qe/ci.

Also, I can't adjust brightness, but I think I have to change a bios setting somewhere, as those buttons don't work for me in windows either.

In case any of you are unaware of what the HCL is, here is the one I am talking about: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... Book_4530s

I have mine booting perfectly from my hard drive. Can you boot yours with the cd? If so, to regular mode? Or just safe mode? And what all do you have working?

Good morning. I wonder if the Lion ProBook runs on an Intel Core i3 and Intel HD Graphics 3000. I want to buy one just to do the hackintosh. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back