Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have seen this issue a couple of times on my machine, where the machine will not power on, and the orange light near the external power socket flashes.
Some time it starts flashing a few moments (10 -15 seconds) after a normal Shutdown..then the machine won't power back on.

Googling around this issue seems to bring up various fixes ranging from mobo replacement, new BIOS chip, solder repairs to dry joints near power connector, and new power connectors etc.

The answer when this occurs is the one of removing battery, and either leaving for a period of time, (15 minutes- overnight) for caps to discharge, or holding down power key for 40 seconds to a minute, then powering on with AC adapter.

Last time this happened to my machine, it was every shut down for a day or so, then after leaving with no battery overnight, it booted correctly next morning with battery and has been good for days now.

So I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if a definitive cause was ever identified, or if there are actually multiple reasons and fixes.
As I say, it is working now, but want to be prepared in case it is likely to happen again, so I could order up relevant parts...mobo/bios chip..whatever

Mine does that. Annoying as hell especially when the laptop goes to sleep then won't start. Fortunately I just need to pop the battery out and straight back in. Bought a new battery but didn't fix the problem.

Well after a few years of this issue happening, more and more regularly, the other day after repeated attempts, even removing keyboard ribbon, as that was another suggestion, trying to boot without RAM or HDD's , powering off for days on end, putting a weight on the power button and leaving for hours, leaving on charge for a day ..all the 'tricks to get it to boot to bios....nothing ..the orange / white power light near the power cord kept flashing , power button would occasionally blink on the off again.....so it had the final treatment. Up until last month I could regularly get it going again..but this time...something in hardware must have died...so I made the decision not to pratt around with it wasting yet more time. I'm done with with this machine. 4 years of annoyance, and frustration finally at an end

15380688_10153832139066157_7625993856639261967_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back