i7-4500u
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Attached you can find a Spyder color calibrated color profile I'm using (for years now) on Mac Os X and Windows.

Of course: the calibration was done on my ProBook's internal panel but maybe someone like this profile more than the build-in ones...

To install: simply copy the .icm file in the zip into /Library/ColorSync/Profiles

For me colors are much better than the additional profiles provided in the ProBook Installer...

Tek_No

Attachments

• ProBook_Calibrated_Spyder.icm.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 557
Who's the manufacturer and what is the model of your display? You can check it by using this command:

Code:
ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

For example, I have Samsung 156AT05-307 in my 4530s and the profile called "HP ProBook 4530s SAMSUNG 156AT05-307" that comes with the ProBook Installer is the best one that's included in the PBI (for free)*. The profile you have provided however is way too warm and gives a strong purple tint.

*modified to avoid confusion

Who's the manufacturer and what is the model of your display? You can check it by using this command:

Code:

For example, I have Samsung 156AT05-307 in my 4530s and the profile called "HP ProBook 4530s SAMSUNG 156AT05-307" that comes with the ProBook Installer is (obviously) the best one. The profile you have provided however is way too warm and gives a strong purple tint.

That command is returning "N156B6-L0A" for me...

Of course: I don't have that "too warm" problem...

"N156B6-L0A"

That's Chi Mei N156B6-L0A. It would be great if someone else who's got this display confirmed that your color profile is correct. If so, it would be nice to have it incorporated in the PBI.

Code:

For example, I have Samsung 156AT05-307 in my 4530s and the profile called "HP ProBook 4530s SAMSUNG 156AT05-307" that comes with the ProBook Installer is (obviously) the best one. The profile you have provided however is way too warm and gives a strong purple tint.
Even if you have the same model of screen, it does not mean that you fit the color profile. The correct color profile can ONLY be obtained by purchasing a calibrator and calibrated screen. I bought Spyder4Express and the difference between the ideal for my screen profile and the profile obtained after calibration the calibrator is. So all these color profiles from Internet nonsense!

Even if you have the same model of screen, it does not mean that you fit the color profile. The correct color profile can ONLY be obtained by purchasing a calibrator and calibrated screen. I bought Spyder4Express and the difference between the ideal for my screen profile and the profile obtained after calibration the calibrator is. So all these color profiles from Internet nonsense!

Hardware calibration is definitely the best way to achieve a correct color profile for you particular display, there's no doubt in that. However, not everyone can afford to buy a calibrator just for a one-time usage. If someone's kind enough to contribute to the community and actually share the color profile they made with a calibrator for a particular type of display - that's awesome. Calling "all these color profiles from internet" a nonsense is an absolutely awful thing to say. If you wanted to brag about your purchase without actually contributing to the community (which you could do by sharing the profile) - you did a hell of a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back