ATI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have a serious problem with my laptop. After a few hours of using it, the sleep mode stopped working, only lcd panel goes off.

Any ideas what I should check first? :oops:

Best regards,
Mariusz

Hi all,

I have a serious problem with my laptop. After a few hours of using it, the sleep mode stopped working, only lcd panel goes off.

Any ideas what I should check first? :oops:

Best regards,
Mariusz

Check output of pmset:
Code:
# in Terminal
pmset -g assertions

25.10.2013, 23:14:56 CES
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
PreventDiskIdle 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 0
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
InteractivePushServiceTask 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=25.10.2013, 22:04 description=XHC1 owner=AppleUSBXHCI

Can I ask for diagnosis?

25.10.2013, 23:14:56 CES
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
PreventDiskIdle 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 0
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
InteractivePushServiceTask 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=25.10.2013, 22:04 description=XHC1 owner=AppleUSBXHCI

Can I ask for diagnosis?

There are no assertions for keeping your laptop awake. Is that output "After a few hours of using it," when "the sleep mode stopped working, only lcd panel goes off."

How are you placing your laptop into sleep mode? What happens when you sleep via the Apple Menu -> Sleep?

Also, what is your hardware? Is this a 450 G0 or 450 G1? What are the specs? How did you install?

There are no assertions for keeping your laptop awake. Is that output "After a few hours of using it," when "the sleep mode stopped working, only lcd panel goes off."

How are you placing your laptop into sleep mode? What happens when you sleep via the Apple Menu -> Sleep?

The LCD panel goes off, but the power button shines.

Also, what is your hardware? Is this a 450 G0 or 450 G1? What are the specs? How did you install?

It's HP ProBook 450 G0, 4GB RAM, SSD CORSAIR 120GB, wifi card not replaced.

I have installed everything as described in “Guid to Installing Mavericks… ' it's a fresh install, not an update from 10.8.5 to 10.9

OS X support kexts
3x0s G0 support kexts
DSDT generator/patcher
ProBook model - ….. Ivy
Fan - original fan patch
Display type - low resolution
Option patches - none
SSDT generator
System definitions
i3/i5 Ivy bridge
Chameleon r2266
Optional hardware-specific fixes
AHCI patch
EDID generator
Misc OS X fixes
Color profiles
Sleep image fix
screen brightness fix
Extra tools
Old Kext..
Chameleon Wizard
Kext Wizard
HWMonitor Lion and ML
Trim Enabler

It's HP ProBook 450 G0, 4GB RAM, SSD CORSAIR 120GB, wifi card not replaced.

I have installed everything as described in “Guid to Installing Mavericks… ' it's a fresh install, not an update from 10.8.5 to 10.9

That answered one of my questions. What about the rest?

That answered one of my questions. What about the rest?

I do this in three different ways: pressing the power button, closing the laptop panel and by clicking on sleep command in mac os. I always get the same effect - LCD goes off and I get log out of mac os.

I do this in three different ways: pressing the power button, closing the laptop panel and by clicking on sleep command in mac os. I always get the same effect - LCD goes off and I get log out of mac os.

With Apple menu... are you giving it enough time? It takes a while (maybe 20-30 sec).

With Apple menu... are you giving it enough time? It takes a while (maybe 20-30 sec).

Try disabling Wake on Ethernet in System Preferences, Wake on USB/Ethernet in BIOS.

Try disabling Wake on Ethernet in System Preferences, Wake on USB/Ethernet in BIOS.

+1... This is a good suggestion and one that is in the guide...

I think part of the problem may be that people misunderstand how sleep works in Mavericks. It is different from previous releases. When you ask your computer to sleep, it only turns the display off and remains in "display sleep" for a while (20 secs?), then if there is no keyboard activity, it finally goes into real sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back