i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620 + GTX MX130
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Mojave 10.14.14 on a HP Probook 450 G6 with i5-8250 (ref : "6BN55EA" on HP support)

It's crashing with a glorious kenel panic on step 9 of post#2 of this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop.

here are my screenshot and Clover directory attached.

in the machine :
last hp bios as i'm writing : R71 v 1.08.03
SSD Samsung 860 Evo 500Go 2,5"
8 Go DDR4 (Samsung)
Intel UHD 620 and Nvidia MX 130
and I've not found nothing regarding the Motherboard, exept maybe : System Board ID : 8538, and CT number : PHVRD068JCH0C7

Let's me know if more infos are needed ! :)

Pleazzze guide me, I'm about to melt :beachball::crazy:

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_235843_6.jpg
    IMG_20190907_235843_6.jpg
    880.3 KB · Views: 155
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 118
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Mojave 10.14.14 on a HP Probook 450 G6 with i5-8250 (ref : "6BN55EA" on HP support)

It's crashing with a glorious kenel panic on step 9 of post#2 of this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

here are my screenshot and Clover directory attached.

in the machine :
last hp bios as i'm writing : R71 v 1.08.03
SSD Samsung 860 Evo 500Go 2,5"
8 Go DDR4 (Samsung)
Intel UHD 620 and Nvidia MX 130
and I've not found nothing regarding the Motherboard, exept maybe : System Board ID : 8538, and CT number : PHVRD068JCH0C7

Let's me know if more infos are needed ! :)

Pleazzze guide me, I'm about to melt :beachball::crazy:
use a later version of clover from the downloads section

Thanks for your help @Feartech ! : )

I tried again with Clover_v2.5k_r5070 instead of last Rehabman's build : that's a win ! Mojave desktop is in front of me.

I've ran though post-install process with fluctuating results :

At that stage :
Screen is not black any more, but no brightness control
Ethernet is working
Sound is working
UHD 620 with 3Mo @ 1024x768
No idea of MX130 state

ACPI config is tricky to me. I'm trying to post debug files but i'm getting this message running @black.dragon74 script :
You forgot to press F4 or Fn+F4 at clover boot screen.
Please reboot and press F4 or Fn+F4 to dump ACPI origin files.

I did press F4 during Clover GUI before booting , but I retried all ways possible, rebooting each time : I've press F4, then fn+F4, then again F4 at different moment of GUI, then again fn+F4 at different moment of GUI etc...
Still same error message, and no files to report....
Here is my whole SSD "EFI" directory.

What am I missing here, please ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 141
Update :

I finally got @black.dragon74 's script to work I'm not sure exactly how, but anyway, here is the debug zip.

Current state of the machine :

Screen is not black any more, but no brightness control : "System Pref>Monitor" is empty
Ethernet is working
Sound is working
UHD 620 with 3Mo @ 1024x768
No idea of MX130 state
Battery management : looks ok
Integrated keyboard is ok
Trackpad has no right-click and has some spasm from time to time, but still usable.

Attachments

• debug_13186.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hello,

Does anyone have analyzed my problem yet ?

Thanks for your help

Hi everyone,

I made some progress with the graphics by using this config.plist made for a Dell Inspiron 5548 which have the same CPU as my probook.
I've got 1366x768 resolution which is not the max resolution of my UHD620 , but that's ok for me.

Now the problem is that I've lost the battery status in the menu bar.

Since I only need the graphics part of the config.plist of Inspiron 5584, how can I merge this part into my previous config.plist (in attached file) ??

Thanks for your wise advices

Attachments

• config 1024*786.plist
    12.5 KB · Views: 98
Hi everyone,

I made some progress with the graphics by using this config.plist made for a Dell Inspiron 5548 which have the same CPU as my probook.
I've got 1366x768 resolution which is not the max resolution of my UHD620 , but that's ok for me.

Now the problem is that I've lost the battery status in the menu bar.

Since I only need the graphics part of the config.plist of Inspiron 5584, how can I merge this part into my previous config.plist (in attached file) ??

Thanks for your wise advices
i'm sure you can open them both up with either xcode or plisteditpro and see the differences?

i'm sure you can open them both up with either xcode or plisteditpro and see the differences?

I've done that : each ACPI part are sooo different I don't know what to copy from the Inspiron's config

Last edited:
I've done that : each ACPI part are sooo different I don't know what to copy from the Inspiron's config
looks like you have some trial and error to do :)

Can I get a dump of your latest clover folder? I’m booting into Mojave but can’t get my sound or trackpad working never mind battery monitoring.

Attempting to replace my 2014 retina MacBook Pro 13” with this as I only paid £300 plus the price of an IPS screen it’s got double the multi core performance at least in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back