Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G6 - Battery indicator (battery empty warning comes on full battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Community,
I've managed to install macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my HP Probook (i7-8565u, 32GB RAM). I am still waiting on the WiFi card with hopes that everything will be ok. The only annoying thing is battery indicator. It changes status from normal to red too early and doesn't warn me when my hackintosh's battery is really empty. As a consequence, my laptop goes off when I do not expect it.
Attached files: my original DSDT (DSDT_orig.aml), patched DSDT (aml) and patch that I applied (found in forum somewhere). Is there anyone who solved this problem? Anyone who could help to fix the problem.
I had a similar problem and fixed it on my HP 440 G6, see a couple post earlier
Try it and give feedback if it works for you, may be we should consider adding this patch somewhere in a guide for probooks for example if the patch works for all g6 series not only for 440
there is clearly a mistake (or may be it has been made intentionally I don't know) in HP DSDT

Hi! I have replaced wifi with bcm94360cs2, I used adaptor for it. I have working battery status, brightness keys, Native cpu pm, sound(applealc), graphics acceleration, iMessage, facetime and properly working usb. I think that everything works except fingerprint scanner and card reader. Sorry for a late answer I was away. Here is clover folders that you need, acpi drivers, kexts and config. In config I deleted Serial number and some private strings.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
Hi! I have replaced wifi with bcm94360cs2, I used adaptor for it. I have working battery status, brightness keys, Native cpu pm, sound(applealc), graphics acceleration, iMessage, facetime and properly working usb. I think that everything works except fingerprint scanner and card reader. Sorry for a late answer I was away. Here is clover folders that you need, acpi drivers, kexts and config. In config I deleted Serial number and some private strings.
finger print scanner won't work

and if it is compatible, have a search for:
Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

finger print scanner won't work

and if it is compatible, have a search for:
Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers
Thank you, I know about fingerprint scanner. And I do not use sd card reader, so i don't need it. I wrote previous post for another user as he asked what is working/not working on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back