Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G6 - Battery indicator (battery empty warning comes on full battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G7-OpenCore
CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Community,
I've managed to install macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my HP Probook (i7-8565u, 32GB RAM). I am still waiting on the WiFi card with hopes that everything will be ok. The only annoying thing is battery indicator. It changes status from normal to red too early and doesn't warn me when my hackintosh's battery is really empty. As a consequence, my laptop goes off when I do not expect it.
Attached files: my original DSDT (DSDT_orig.aml), patched DSDT (aml) and patch that I applied (found in forum somewhere). Is there anyone who solved this problem? Anyone who could help to fix the problem.

Attachments

• BatteryPatch.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 230
  • DSDT_orig.aml
    152.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSDT.aml
    153.5 KB · Views: 167
Hi, I'm trying my best to fix that on my hp 450 g6 (16 GB ram, i7 8565u, Mac os mojave) and I can't even get the battery percentage to work. It alway show 0%. Beside that I remember to have seen a post about this problem yesterday on some forum. If I can get my hackintosh to boot up after the mess I made last night I will send you the link. I've tried to find it this morning but had no luck. It would be really helpful if you could attach your efi so I can see what could be the problem with my setup. If I can't get it to work I will just reinstall everything with Catalina instead of mojave. Would be really helpful if you also explained how to properly patch the battery patch (Sorry for bad english)

Last edited:
Yes, you need to open your dsdt.dsl, choose Patch at the top of the window, and paste the patch from link to the Patch Text section, then Compile, if no errors you may save your dsdt as dsdt.aml and put it in you ACPI/Patched folder

Yes, you need to open your dsdt.dsl, choose Patch at the top of the window, and paste the patch from link to the Patch Text section, then Compile, if no errors you may save your dsdt as dsdt.aml and put it in you ACPI/Patched folder
I will try this afternoon as soon as I fix what I’ve done. thanks a lot!

Dear Community,
I've managed to install macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my HP Probook (i7-8565u, 32GB RAM). I am still waiting on the WiFi card with hopes that everything will be ok. The only annoying thing is battery indicator. It changes status from normal to red too early and doesn't warn me when my hackintosh's battery is really empty. As a consequence, my laptop goes off when I do not expect it.
Attached files: my original DSDT (DSDT_orig.aml), patched DSDT (aml) and patch that I applied (found in forum somewhere). Is there anyone who solved this problem? Anyone who could help to fix the problem.
What about your EFI? Could you share it with me, please?

Is there any solution for the problem where indicator becomes read and battery is sufficiently charged? I am using SMCBatteryManager.kext. The complete list of my kexts is shown in the attached image (kexts.png). Any suggestion?

Attachments

• Kexts.png
    Kexts.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 258
Try using ACPIBatteryManger.kext instead of SMCBatteryManager. Maybe this will work

+1
Im using the same patch and seeing the same symptoms on my Elitebook 840 G6.

SMCBatteryManager works better for me then ACPIBatteryManger.kext, because with ACPIBM my power cable plug/unplug doesn't get detected.

Please if anybody find a fix, better patch or else, please please post here. Thanks

+1
Im using the same patch and seeing the same symptoms on my Elitebook 840 G6.

SMCBatteryManager works better for me then ACPIBatteryManger.kext, because with ACPIBM my power cable plug/unplug doesn't get detected.

Please if anybody find a fix, better patch or else, please please post here. Thanks

Hi @Ilonca13! Would you mind share your efi folder as I've already tried install osx and gave up :( Finding your post have hope again to get this running. Switched from elitebook 8570p with sierra to this new machine and I'm lost on Windows world :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back