Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G5 intel i5 8250 - compatible WiFi card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G5
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi,

I'm about to buy a brand new HP Probook 450 G5 intel i5 8250

Will I need to buy any additional hardware, like a compatible WiFi card, or anything else?

Thank you very much,
Boga

hi nice people, I have read this guide by @RehabMan :

In the "Compatible WiFi" section, am I understanding correctly that my laptop "HP Probook 450 G5 intel i5 8250" falls into the category "Other laptop" so to have Wifi and Bluetooth I would need to purchase the Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB ?

Thank you!
Boga

hi nice people, I have read this guide by @RehabMan :

In the "Compatible WiFi" section, am I understanding correctly that my laptop "HP Probook 450 G5 intel i5 8250" falls into the category "Other laptop" so to have Wifi and Bluetooth I would need to purchase the Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB ?

Thank you!
Boga

I think I have the exact same laptop as you. In my ProBook 450 G5 I have a Intel 8265ngw card which is BT+WiFi. You can check by unscrewing 1 screw at the back and flipping off the cover. Confirm your hardware. So more than likely you will have the same as me. This applies to my hardware, my card dimensions are 0.2 x 3 x 2.2 cm. So I need a card that matches these dimensions.

Some cards are bigger than 2.2CM. To me this card looks good and i'll order it. BCM94352Z. Do your own research and check your own hardware though. If it does not work please don't blame me. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited:
Thanks for the illustrative reply, I suppose you meant BCM943252Z

One question: So is it for sure that this factory wifi card that comes in this HP laptop is not compatible with OSX?

Thanks for the illustrative reply, I suppose you meant BCM943252Z

One question: So is it for sure that this factory wifi card that comes in this HP laptop is not compatible with OSX?

My own research leads me to believe that there is no support for Intel WiFi. There are people working on porting Intel wifi drivers to OSX from Linux but I have not looked very much into that and from what I can tell it's not working right now. The reason the suggested cards work well in OSX I think is because Apple have used similar or the same cards themselves in their own hardware. "Apple currently uses Broadcom chips in its Apple Watch, iPhones and iPads, as well as its line of Macs that support 802.11ac, including the MacBook Air, Retina MacBook Pro, and iMac ". I actually meant BCM94352Z because I can get one local and cheap with the option of returning it but it seems like it should work. I will post the results here when it arrives

thank you @alanmac27 . I still haven't received my laptop and might not have it until mid next week. When I receive it I'll also check what card & size is inside and and update here.

Last edited:
I got my laptop, and it comes with the same wifi card as @alanmac27 :)

I ordered the BCM94352Z from AliExpress so it is on its way from China. Not sure if I have to wait until the compatible card arrives, or if I can start the OSX installation already?

I got my laptop, and it comes with the same wifi card as @alanmac27 :)

View attachment 401578

I ordered the BCM94352Z from AliExpress so it is on its way from China. Not sure if I have to wait until the compatible card arrives, or if I can start the OSX installation already?
you can start the installation with or without the wifi

thank you @Feartech , just to double-check so I can start the installation even if the non compatible Intel wifi card that comes with this laptop is inside?

thank you @Feartech , just to double-check so I can start the installation even if the non compatible Intel wifi card that comes with this laptop is inside?
yes, as i mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back