Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 450 G4 Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile has no hardware details and you attached no problem reporting files.
Refer to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Update: Added Debug Files (using automated tool);
issue is present with online videos/youtube only
---
[fullscreen only, and only after 'mouse cursor' times out]
(not always a problem, but when it does occur, it is persistent until reboot, in fullscreen mode only)
---
Specific symptoms:
graphics flicker/green distortion/single line....every ~10 seconds...
---
any insight is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• debug_14977.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Update: Added Debug Files (using automated tool);
issue is present with online videos/youtube only
---
[fullscreen only, and only after 'mouse cursor' times out]
(not always a problem, but when it does occur, it is persistent until reboot, in fullscreen mode only)
---
Specific symptoms:
graphics flicker/green distortion/single line....every ~10 seconds...
---
any insight is greatly appreciated

MacBookPro14,3 is a poor choice.
Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1 (as per guide).

MacBookPro14,3 is a poor choice.
Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1 (as per guide).

Updated to MacBookPro11,1, I will report back after testing for a few days.

Thank you
---
Update: Issue still presents itself with MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS and MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS. The loss of video (not audio) on HTML5 video seems to only be present with non-full resolution (lower than 1080p, web based, full screen) video.

Also I want to emphasize this only occurs while the mouse pointer/cursor is not visible (cursor timeout). Any speculation as to why this would be the case?

(also, is there any way to record the symptoms for better diagnosis?)
---
I have decided to live with the (very) minor (occasional, full screen web based, low res.) video flicker/inconvenience/bug. Changing the SMBIOS to 11,1 may have helped somewhat. It is hard to tell as the symptom is not always present.
---
Overall I am very happy with the performance of this laptop under OSX.

If I can be of any assistance to further/facilitate development on this platform please ask.
The only real drawback is the lack of HDMI out, which I don't currently use but would love to hear if it becomes available or goes into beta.

I had previously listed that 'sleep' does not work, however, this is not entirely accurate. When the lid is closed the laptop goes to sleep. However, sleep from the Apple - Sleep, menu command simply turns off the display and a keystroke or trackpad click turns the display back on.
Another minor issue is I am unaware if single core 'turbo boost' is active (while on AC power):
Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz (Processor Base Frequency 2.70 GHz)
'About This Mac identifies as: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7' (which is the TDP-up frequency) as listed on:

https://ark.intel.com/products/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz-

Last edited:

Thank you
---
Update: Issue still presents itself with MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS and MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS. The loss of video (not audio) on HTML5 video seems to only be present with non-full resolution (lower than 1080p, web based, full screen) video.

Also I want to emphasize this only occurs while the mouse pointer/cursor is not visible (cursor timeout). Any speculation as to why this would be the case?

---
Update: I found a 'Safari youtube fullscreen glitch' thread on Official Apple Discussion forums
...paraphrased:

'random youtube movies...causes glitch when watching in fullscreen mode...If i'm not watching on fullscreen....or I'm moving the cursor....screen does not glitch'
[Perhaps this is an inherent bug/problem with OSX]

source:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8278289
---
I have decided to live with the (very) minor (occasional, full screen web based, low res.) video flicker/inconvenience/bug. Changing the SMBIOS to 11,1 may have helped somewhat. It is hard to tell as the symptom is not always present.
---

If I can be of any assistance to further/facilitate development on this platform please ask.
The only real drawback is the lack of HDMI out, which I don't currently use but would love to hear if it becomes available or goes into beta.

I had previously listed that 'sleep' does not work, however, this is not entirely accurate. When the lid is closed the laptop goes to sleep. However, sleep from the Apple - Sleep, menu command simply turns off the display and a keystroke or trackpad click turns the display back on.
Another minor issue is I am unaware if single core 'turbo boost' is active (while on AC power):
'About This Mac identifies as: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7' (which is the TDP-up frequency) as listed on:

https://ark.intel.com/products/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz-

Thank you
---

---
---

You failed to attach any problem reporting files.
Please refer to the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Update: The Video Fullscreen Glitch, as well as HDMI out have been resolved!
----
All features work on High Sierra.

Upgrading to Mojave has proven to be problematic.

I would suggest following the
Mojave Clover Probook Guide
but sticking to High Sierra for the time being.

Before attempting an update to Mojave:
(before doing a App Store upgrade of Mojave...):

-I updated Clover to the latest Rehabman fork.
-I updated all kexts to the latest as per the Probook Clover Guide.
-I ran all scripts as per the Probook Clover Guide.
----

After installing Mojave:

I spent quite some time configuring [WhateverGreen], and the AppleALC/vanilla AppleHDA, along with necessary changes to bootflags and config.plist settings.

However,

neither audio, nor video, worked correctly under Mojave.

Therefore,
{I will be waiting for quite some time,
before I attempt another Mojave upgrade.}
------------------------------------------------
After testing Mojave,
I downgraded (via Timemachine) back to High Sierra 10.13.6.

my EFI/Clover partition stayed up to date with the most current clover and kexts etc.
----

HDMI out works
HDMI audio+video out now works as well![/SIZE]

unknown HDMI behavior:
[Note: When connected to an LG tv via HDMI, there is no laptop audio control (except for the TV).

Also, if the HDMI cable is moved or disconnected even a small amount,
there is a 1-2 second blackout/audible noise.

After 2 seconds audio/video
will resync and work correctly.

...I am unsure if this is the nature of HDMI out on OSX, because I have not tested it on a real Mac.]​

However, this is very exciting since virtually all native functions of OSX are now supported on this platform.

Attachments

• debug_14293.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I only had CMOS reset during installation, never after correctly patched ACPI and Clover setup was done... You probably made a mistake in patching ACPI.

How did you fix this?
Can't get high Sierra installed because of automatic rebooting...

Most everything is working with that guide.
I did it myself on a 440 G4 KabyLake.

Shutdown problem is not as you state. Actually, it is an automatic power on after successful shutdown. At least one person has solved it with correct BIOS settings. I did not have that opportunity, as the BIOS was so buggy, no BIOS setting changes would take.

I only had CMOS reset during installation, never after correctly patched ACPI and Clover setup was done... You probably made a mistake in patching ACPI.

Bluetooth will work with proper USB configuration and compatible WiFi/BT hardware installed.

My guide uses patched AppleHDA, not VoodooHDA. Last anyone checked, HDMI audio was not working, so the files in the current github disable it intentionally. It could be that 10.12.4 has fixed some things, so someone should revisit the issue (re-enable it and test the various scenarios). Some information/links are provided in the guide.

Everything in my guide is open source and quite obvious if you look at the content...
Hello I have same HP 440 G4 kaby lake
How should i start with postinstall?
I mean, I'm going to install MacOS and then, I'll go straight to the guide?

Hello I have same HP 440 G4 kaby lake
How should i start with postinstall?
I mean, I'm going to install MacOS and then, I'll go straight to the guide?

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back