Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 450 G4 Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guy, I am very new to the Mackintosh topic :D
I also have the HP Probook G4 with only the Intel HD 620.

Evertime I want to "install" the HD 620 config.plist I fail. I used RehabMan's and mactiton's plist. Clover doesn't shows the hard drive to boot. Then I have reset the whole thing :/.
I am very unexperienced / sorry :(

Can you help me?
Please note that HFSPlus.efi is in the EFI package I posted.

The EFI files I posted are optimized, install all of it, and nothing else.
After you install Clover on your USB installer, replace the entire content of the EFI partition with the contents of the EFI I have posted. This is just a simple drag and drop proceedure, no Terminal method.

I use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition of the USB installer.

You can remove these kext in EFI > Clover > Kexts folder . . .
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Get that far and it will be easy to fix anything else that can be fixed.

BTW . . .
The issues I posted are persistent with macOS 10.12.4
The current RehabMan hotpatch method does not fix them.
Maybe if somone would look at the files I posted it might be more helpful.

The issues I posted are persistent with macOS 10.12.4
The current RehabMan hotpatch method does not fix them.

Reports in the ProBook guide thread indicate that the "automatic power on after shutdown with AC power" problem is fixed with correct BIOS settings (and using my guide...)
And there never was any problem shutting down (using my guide) on battery.

I was not able to confirm that BIOS settings would fix the first issue.
But I can confirm that there was no problem shutting down on battery power with the 440 G4 I had for a few days...
BIOS settings images from a working system are linked from post #1 of my guide...
And BTW, I have the same issue with a Lenovo Yoga 710-11IKB that I happen to have sitting here... The BIOS is very limited though (looking for ways to unlock, but will probably run out of time with it)

The "CMOS reset" you mention, I experienced only once... during installation. After post-install (following my own guide), there was not an issue. I believe it has something to do with the Clover AppleRTC patch not applying correctly due to AppleRTC not being in cache initially. After a stable install, AppleRTC is in cache, and therefore can be patched as expected.

Post #1 if this thread seems to imply people should use your patched ACPI files. As per ACPI patching guide, it is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. It is one reason why my guide uses hotpatch...

Bluetooth will work if you follow my guide (and have compatible WiFi/BT hardware installed). My guide has a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext...

Also audio is working with the patched AppleHDA components from my guide (and correct ACPI setup)...

HDMI audio is a known problem, and I may be able to do some work on it in the future... There are supposedly some fixes in 10.12.4, but when I had access to the 440 G4, 10.12.4 was not released yet and I didn't have access to an HDMI monitor at the time either...

Maybe if somone would look at the files I posted it might be more helpful.

Unfortunately, the files you have in post #1 aren't adequate to make any suggestions (ACPI/origin is missing, for example).

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: One obvious suggestion for you... you forgot to implement CPU power management...

Last edited:
Thank you mactition :) Now it boots, but very very slowly and I have the same graphic bugs as before (before the implementation of the graphic card into the config.plist).
And the graphic performance is very poor.

I looked up why it starts so slowly:

ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER, ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl]Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20140828/evregion-170)

(20140828/evregion-170)

ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed [\134_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357c1650)[\134_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357c1650), AE_BAD_PARAMETER, AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)

(20140828/psparse-270)

ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed [\134_SB_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357a3f90)[\134_SB_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357a3f90), AE_BAD_PARAMETER, AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)

(20140828/psparse-270)

ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed [\134_SB_.BAT0._BIF] (Node ffffff80357a4890)[\134_SB_.BAT0._BIF] (Node ffffff80357a4890), AE_BAD_PARAMETER, AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)

please post your actual clover folder with the original acpi tables....

Here :)

I only get those errors when I implement the graphic card into the config.

I haven't patched the dsdt yet because it gave me only errors in maciasl and mactition's dsdt also didn't worked for me.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 202
Thank you mactition :) Now it boots, but very very slowly and I have the same graphic bugs as before (before the implementation of the graphic card into the config.plist).
And the graphic performance is very poor.

I looked up why it starts so slowly:

ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER, ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl]Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20140828/evregion-170)

(20140828/evregion-170)

ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed [\134_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357c1650)[\134_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357c1650), AE_BAD_PARAMETER, AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)

(20140828/psparse-270)

ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed [\134_SB_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357a3f90)[\134_SB_.BTIF] (Node ffffff80357a3f90), AE_BAD_PARAMETER, AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)

(20140828/psparse-270)

ACPI Error: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed Method parse/execution failed [\134_SB_.BAT0._BIF] (Node ffffff80357a4890)[\134_SB_.BAT0._BIF] (Node ffffff80357a4890), AE_BAD_PARAMETER, AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: Those are the errors you get when you didn't patch ACPI correctly...

I haven't patched the dsdt yet because it gave me only errors in maciasl and mactition's dsdt also didn't worked for me.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

in your actual config.... there's some errors...
igpu is not fixed in your DSDT and SSDT
your acpi tables after decompiling are goods to edit, just a bit of errors e just a few patches to apply.... try....

Thank very much guys!! Now everything ist working quite well. Only wifi not, I will buy a new Chip or a Wifi Stick! :)

Hi, first sorry for my English, i've got these laptop too (HP Probook 450 G4). I can't boot, i'ts crashed after the white line under Apple Logo and after the screen goes black. Could you give us you BIOS screenshot, maybe i forgot something.

Thank you!

Bergy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back