Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I have a HP Probook 450 G3 using:

Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

Intel® HD Graphics 520

Now I want to install OSX EL Capitan on this laptop, Can I do this?
I am a newbie so can you give me a step by step guide for this?

Thanks so much!

Hei Man, have you been successful?

I've got my Probook 450 G3 today and try to install...

Hei man,

thanks for reposting this link. I tried to follow the instructions, but I find it a bit confusing to have so many side references.. and before digging through this all, I wanted to make sure it worked out...

Hei man,

thanks for reposting this link. I tried to follow the instructions, but I find it a bit confusing to have so many side references.. and before digging through this all, I wanted to make sure it worked out...

Not sure what you mean by "side references".

The guide leverages existing guides that are generic, as there is no reason to repeat information readily available.

I understand that out of a "professional dealing nearly everyday with hackintosh" point of view, there is no need for redundant information and links between issues/solutions and developments are easy to draw....

Anyway:

I insert the USB drive, boot from CLOVER and when I try to install - I get stuck with a frozen laptop, which shows a black screen with a white apple logo (in a quite good resolution, not a huge one as it would be with 800x600). [Usb drive is also not reading anything anymore]

My system:
HP ProBook 450 G3
Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 520

I try to install Yosemite.

I followed this guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Tried MBR and GPT options on a 8GB USB2 stick. I added my clover folder as attachment.

Please help :(

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 358
I understand that out of a "professional dealing nearly everyday with hackintosh" point of view, there is no need for redundant information and links between issues/solutions and developments are easy to draw....

Anyway:

I insert the USB drive, boot from CLOVER and when I try to install - I get stuck with a frozen laptop, which shows a black screen with a white apple logo (in a quite good resolution, not a huge one as it would be with 800x600). [Usb drive is also not reading anything anymore]

My system:
HP ProBook 450 G3
Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 520

I try to install Yosemite.

I followed this guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Tried MBR and GPT options on a 8GB USB2 stick. I added my clover folder as attachment.

Please help :(

Yosemite has no support for Skylake hardware.

Your only option is 10.11.

I have clarified in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11-a.html

Ow.... thats explains everything.

Thanks. downloading......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back