Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD - Clover
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 480 + UHD 630
Hi, I have an HP 450 G1, I managed to install OSx Mavericks following Rehabman's instructions

these are the laptop's specs
CPU: Core i7 i7-4702MQ
RAM 4GB Max 16
750GB HDD
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8750M 1.024mb (disabled)

Everything working exept for sleep, wifi and card reader

Quick Guide (Tested and works on my machine)
-Make Unibeast USB
-Patch the kernel of Unibeast USB Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ))
-Disable hybrid graphics in Probook 450 g1 BIOS
-Boot and install OSX from Unibeast (Partition your drive with GUID table and create a Mac OSX Extended Journaled partition for installation)
-Reboot in installation and patch the HDD kernel Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ))
-fix boot0 error (http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-e...ial-guide.html)
-boot with these flags: IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0
-go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy click on the unlock settings and select "Anywhere"
-Use ProBook Installer check 4x0s G0 option for "OS X support kexts". Install Chameleon. Create SSDT.
Sleep Image Fix
-You can try to use my dsdtdsdt + ssdt.zi or read the guide under for DSDT work
-Use Multibeast for iMac14,2. Set DropSSDT=Y
-Use Chameleon Wizard to set GraphicsEnabler=Y IntelAzulFB=12
-Restart
-Install ACPIBacklight.kext (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight)
-Remove GenericUSBXHCI kext from system/library/extensions
-Shut Down, do EC Reset and start your new OSX System
-Repair Permissions with Disk Utility, Rebuild Cache with Kext Wizard

DSDT Guide
Collect the following from Linux (install or use a live USB):
- audio codec dump
- PCI inventory via 'lspci -nn'
- all ACPI tables, collect DSDT and all the SSDTs (probably 8) from /sys/firmware/acpi/tables (refer to this guide https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT)

In OSX, get a recent build of iasl: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-com...tml#post717200
Combine DSDT.aml and all SSDT1-8.aml into a single directory, disassemble the DSDT using this code:
Code:
iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml

Download MaciAsl and start patching the DSDT (Guide: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch)

Patches:
Apply this patch using the patch tool in MaciAsl
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;

-from herehttps://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch Apply "IRQ Fix", "Audio Layout 12", "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (only apply the first section, NOT the next two for VID/AGP1), "Brightness Fix (Haswell)", "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1"
Apply battery patch from here (https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBo...06_Battery.txt)

-Change your DSDT header as follows

From: DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1942 ", 0x00000001)
To: DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1680 ", 0x00000001)

-Compile and save as dsdt.aml then place in the Extra folder

I have tried to disassemble my DSDT and SSDTs with the "iasl -e ssdt*.aml -d dsdt.aml" command on VMWARE MACOS, nevertheless I just got "-bash: iasl: command not found". Thereafter, I found that VMware does not support this command. So, could you help me to disassemble these files on your real Mac? I attached them below.

[URL="http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/hp-probook-mavericks/80279d1389952640-buying-advice-hp-probook-450-ivy-bridge-haswell-ssdt-dsdt.zip"]SSDT+DSDT.zip[/URL]

Read post #1. It has a link to iasl. You run iasl under OS X on the bare-metal, not in a VM. Running OS X in a VM is not supported here.

Please can you tell me which Wifi you are using?

My 450 g1 came with atheros qcwb335, which i believe is not supported

I just purchased a Probook 450 G1 today and tried to get Mavericks up and running. My hardware is slightly different in that I have the base model which has a i3 4000M CPU and no dedicated GPU just Intel 4600. I was able to follow most of your guide but ran into a few problems.

1) I wasn't able to figure out what "Create SSDT.Sleep Image Fix" actually meant when using the ProBook installer

2) I used your DSDT (But didn't know what the SSDT was or what to do with it) just to see what happened. My desktop hackintosh requires a DSDT but I never had to make/modify my own before as Tonymac's DSDT database has one list for my motherboard. I'll review your guide tomorrow but won't have anymore time today to play with it.

3) "Use Chameleon Wizard to set GraphicsEnabler=Y IntelAzulFB=12" I couldn't find the IntelAzulFB=12 option list anywhere in Multibeast 6.1.0. I didn't try to manually pass it on boot yet either but I will later. Wasn't actually sure what it was used for even after doing a quick Google search on it.

4) I didn't install the ACPIBacklight.kext yet or remove GenericUSBXHCI but USB seems to be functioning correctly so far.

5) I wasn't sure what "do EC Reset" actually means.

So, I can boot into OSX but only in safe mode otherwise it just hangs. I used -v but couldn't see any message that helped explain why. I can post a screenshot or log file (just let me know which) if you think that would help.

I've attached my lspci and audio codec dump if that helps. I'm not sure how/what files you need for the ACPI tables.

Also, anybody know how to disable the bluetooth keyboard/mouse detection during the Mavericks install? Every time I run the installer it pops up looking for the wireless keyboard and mouse despite my touchpad and keyboard working. The only way I can get the skip ahead arrow to pop up is to plug in both a USB mouse and keyboard. Is there anyway I can disable this as it's kinda a pain when I just want to pull up terminal from the installer and I have to get my keyboard/mouse from my desktop.

Attachments

• lspci.nn.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 477
  • codec.dump.txt
    4 KB · Views: 443
I just purchased a Probook 450 G1 today and tried to get Mavericks up and running. My hardware is slightly different in that I have the base model which has a i3 4000M CPU and no dedicated GPU just Intel 4600. I was able to follow most of your guide but ran into a few problems.

1) I wasn't able to figure out what "Create SSDT.Sleep Image Fix" actually meant when using the ProBook installer

Probably referring to "SSDT Generator" and "Sleep Image Fix" options in the ProBook Installer.

2) I used your DSDT (But didn't know what the SSDT was or what to do with it) just to see what happened. My desktop hackintosh requires a DSDT but I never had to make/modify my own before as Tonymac's DSDT database has one list for my motherboard. I'll review your guide tomorrow but won't have anymore time today to play with it.

Definitely patch your own DSDT.

3) "Use Chameleon Wizard to set GraphicsEnabler=Y IntelAzulFB=12" I couldn't find the IntelAzulFB=12 option list anywhere in Multibeast 6.1.0. I didn't try to manually pass it on boot yet either but I will later. Wasn't actually sure what it was used for even after doing a quick Google search on it.

You won't find it in Multibeast because Multibeast uses Chimera. Chameleon Wizard is a separate app. In the org.chameleon.Boot tab you'll find "Intel Azul FB" option.

4) I didn't install the ACPIBacklight.kext yet or remove GenericUSBXHCI but USB seems to be functioning correctly so far.

Are you booting from the HDD yet, or still from the USB?

5) I wasn't sure what "do EC Reset" actually means.

Use search.

So, I can boot into OSX but only in safe mode otherwise it just hangs. I used -v but couldn't see any message that helped explain why. I can post a screenshot or log file (just let me know which) if you think that would help.

Because you're lacking ig-platfrom-id set with Chameleon IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y.

Also, anybody know how to disable the bluetooth keyboard/mouse detection during the Mavericks install? Every time I run the installer it pops up looking for the wireless keyboard and mouse despite my touchpad and keyboard working. The only way I can get the skip ahead arrow to pop up is to plug in both a USB mouse and keyboard. Is there anyway I can disable this as it's kinda a pain when I just want to pull up terminal from the installer and I have to get my keyboard/mouse from my desktop.

It is the pain of having a recognized BT chip. Maybe if you disable BT from BIOS...

Some say you can just press a key (spacebar) and get past it, so give that a try.

Probably referring to "SSDT Generator" and "Sleep Image Fix" options in the ProBook Installer.

I located this in the ProBook installer app. It appears to change the default sleep state from sleep to hibernate tor vice versa. I don't have access to the app right now to double check but I vaguely remember it saying it would set a value from 3 to 0. While this probably is important I'm not really at the stage where I'm too worried about power management.

I do vaguely remember trying something like SSDT Generator and it crashed the app.

You won't find it in Multibeast because Multibeast uses Chimera. Chameleon Wizard is a separate app. In the org.chameleon.Boot tab you'll find "Intel Azul FB" option.

Thanks, I was getting Chimera/Chameleon mixed up. The previous step said to use Multibeast so I got confused and just assumed it was also there and was looking in the bootloaders tab and could find one for GraphicsEnabler=Y and dropSSDT=Y but no IntelAzulFB=12.

I googled IntelAzulFB and found this page and this (along with GraphicsEnabler=Y) solves my display driver issue. So I'll just add this to my org.chameleon.boot.plist

Are you booting from the HDD yet, or still from the USB?

Yes I am.

Use search.
Thanks. Cleared up the "EC Reset" question. I googled it but didn't find anything relevant and thought it was too generic so I gave up. Didn't think to use Tonymac's search.

It is the pain of having a recognized BT chip. Maybe if you disable BT from BIOS... Some say you can just press a key (spacebar) and get past it, so give that a try.

Thanks I'll give both these suggestions a shot. There is a "disable Bluetooth" button in the settings panel but it was grayed out.

So, overall update. I started from scratch again because I was futzing with so many different things and wanted to isolate what does what to make sure I really understand how I got everything working.

Here is what I did.

Made a Mavericks USB with Unibeast and included the laptop functionality. I then patched the kernel (on the USB) to prevent the early reboot. Booted the installer and ran through the install, restarted, booted the installer again and then patched the kernel on the HD again to prevent the early reboot.

Then I booted into OSX for the first time and ran ProBook installer for the 450 G0 kexts, installed Chameleon and "SSDT.Sleep Image Fix" and rebooted. The went back into the installer and fixed the boot0 problem and rebooted without the USB plugged in.

The guide says use "IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0" but I didn't enter them in time and it booted into OSX without any of these flags. At this point I had ethernet working but no sound/video or wifi.

So rebooted again and tested the GraphicsEnabler=Y and IntelAzulFB=12 and now had working Intel 4600 display drivers. I plugged in my ethernet cable and did a 10.9.1 update. I rebooted again and the update doesn't appear to break anything.

I'll spend some time tomorrow attempting to modify the DSDT to make some headway on power management hopefully get sound working. I assume I shouldn't hold my breathe on getting wifi working with this Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 chip? I looked at this post but didn't seem to find it listed and nothing from Google.

Thanks for all your help. I'm feeling pretty confident I'll be able to get this machine up and running!

Oh and a couple last things I noticed...

Booting of the USB to the Mavericks installer doesn't always work. Sometimes it just hangs on the splash screen spinning for 5mins or so and I just reboot again. I'd say this happens maybe 1 in 5 times.

The keyboard/trackpad that are physically part of the laptop is really flaky during the login process. Sometimes they both just stop working and sometimes I can wait a few seconds and they magically work again. Other times I have to plug in a USB mouse/keyboard to login. Once logged in the trackpad/keyboard may even start working again. Not sure if this is limited to login or if the trackpad/keyboard will just drop in/out through regular use but I really haven't been in the OS log enough to really confirm this behavior yet.

I located this in the ProBook installer app. It appears to change the default sleep state from sleep to hibernate tor vice versa. I don't have access to the app right now to double check but I vaguely remember it saying it would set a value from 3 to 0. While this probably is important I'm not really at the stage where I'm too worried about power management.

I do vaguely remember trying something like SSDT Generator and it crashed the app.

SSDT generator should not crash.

Here is what I did.

Made a Mavericks USB with Unibeast and included the laptop functionality. I then patched the kernel (on the USB) to prevent the early reboot. Booted the installer and ran through the install, restarted, booted the installer again and then patched the kernel on the HD again to prevent the early reboot.

Then I booted into OSX for the first time and ran ProBook installer for the 450 G0 kexts, installed Chameleon and "SSDT.Sleep Image Fix" and rebooted.

I assume you mean you selected "SSDT Generator" and "Sleep Image Fix" options. There is not an option named "SSDT.Sleep Image Fix"

The went back into the installer and fixed the boot0 problem and rebooted without the USB plugged in.

The guide says use "IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0" but I didn't enter them in time and it booted into OSX without any of these flags. At this point I had ethernet working but no sound/video or wifi.

So rebooted again and tested the GraphicsEnabler=Y and IntelAzulFB=12 and now had working Intel 4600 display drivers. I plugged in my ethernet cable and did a 10.9.1 update. I rebooted again and the update doesn't appear to break anything.

I'll spend some time tomorrow attempting to modify the DSDT to make some headway on power management hopefully get sound working.

Yes, there is information in this thread for the DSDT patches necessary for audio.
Power management has nothing to do with DSDT (battery status, however, does).

I assume I shouldn't hold my breathe on getting wifi working with this Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 chip? I looked at this post but didn't seem to find it listed and nothing from Google.

AR9565 is not supported. You must replace it.

Booting of the USB to the Mavericks installer doesn't always work. Sometimes it just hangs on the splash screen spinning for 5mins or so and I just reboot again. I'd say this happens maybe 1 in 5 times.

This is why you use the boot flags.

What is the significance of this please?

-
Use Multibeast for iMac14,2. Set DropSSDT=Y

What is the significance of this please?

-
Use Multibeast for iMac14,2. Set DropSSDT=Y

Haswell power management.

You could probably also use MacBookAir6,x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back