Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never assume. Always monitor system.log and analyse the output.
I'll do that. I started from scratch now, let you know when and if I get to the same point.

Never assume. Always monitor system.log and analyse the output.
I'm at the same point and have the same problem: if I install 10.9.1 kexts I can't boot. In the log when I repair chache there are some "WARNING - Invalid signature" on the installed kexts

I'm at the same point and have the same problem: if I install 10.9.1 kexts I can't boot. In the log when I repair chache there are some "WARNING - Invalid signature" on the installed kexts

The warning is normal. But make sure you have a matched set of graphics kexts. Bad idea to have mixed between 10.9.5 and 10.9.1

The warning is normal. But make sure you have a matched set of graphics kexts. Bad idea to have mixed between 10.9.5 and 10.9.1
I installed the ones provided in the thread, they should be matched. I'll try extracting the kexts from the 10.9.1 combo update and see if anything is different

Actually I couldn't find the IOAccelerator* Kexts in the 10.9.1 update, although I did find some other appleintelhd*graphics, an AppleIntelFramebufferCapri and a AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kexts

Actually I couldn't find the IOAccelerator* Kexts in the 10.9.1 update, although I did find some other appleintelhd*graphics, an AppleIntelFramebufferCapri and a AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kexts

Yes, and most likely even the kexts you find are not necessarily complete. Sometimes, the updates contain only what is changed, not the complete set of files that make up the kext (kexts are directories). Best to actually install 10.9.1 and capture the kexts from there.

Yes, and most likely even the kexts you find are not necessarily complete. Sometimes, the updates contain only what is changed, not the complete set of files that make up the kext (kexts are directories). Best to actually install 10.9.1 and capture the kexts from there.

I've downloaded and installed the latest probook installer clover, and I noticed there is a dedicated hd4600 flag. I upgraded everything on the probook installer for my machine to see if it fixed my external monitor issue. It didn't, but at lest the computer still boots. I've managed to find a version of os x 10.9.1 and installed on parallels so I can extract kext from it. What kexts should I extract?

I've downloaded and installed the latest probook installer clover, and I noticed there is a dedicated hd4600 flag. I upgraded everything on the probook installer for my machine to see if it fixed my external monitor issue. It didn't, but at lest the computer still boots. I've managed to find a version of os x 10.9.1 and installed on parallels so I can extract kext from it. What kexts should I extract?
Actually it only booted once, now it won't boot just like when I replaced the kexts manually

The 'flag' (not sure what you mean by flag...) in the new ProBook Installer is likely the patch specifically for Yosemite.

AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

maybe others... you'll have to experiment. Mixing kexts should always be avoided...

The 'flag' (not sure what you mean by flag...) in the new ProBook Installer is likely the patch specifically for Yosemite.

AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

maybe others... you'll have to experiment. Mixing kexts should always be avoided...

You're right. That selection "HD4600" will apply the HD4600 yosemite patch if current OS X is 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back