Contribute
Register

HP Probook 440G4 Installation Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, installed to my hard drive and booted from there. I didn't do any of the extra stuff in the Probook thread yet. Should I do that first too or leave as is. Currently my EFI volume matches what was on the usb.
just follow the guide as is

Cool, I did everything except generate the SMBIOS serial, I think that's just for iCloud stuff right? Also, I'm not sure why the ./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g4_kabylake in the Probook repo generates a SSDT-4x0G4k.aml file, I think the display is 1920x1378 edit: 1920x1080, so when I boot now the screen does weird stuff before it adjusts. Even though I installed all the Probook stuff, I don't have a battery indicator, any sound, and still no disk showing. Also, the guide suggests that the Kabylake issue where it auto-reboots after you shut down was fixed, but it's still happening on mine.

Attaching my latest debug report, I can provide more info if necessary. Thanks!

Last edited:
I got some more free time, uploading zip with my SMBIOS in there too.

Attachments

• debug_997.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
I got some more free time, uploading zip with my SMBIOS in there too.
your hardware profile says 1920x680, your previous post you said your resolution is 1920x1378

best you find out your resolution and update your profile

Oh boy. Sorry about that. Neither of those was right. 1920 x 1080 is the correct resolution. I fixed my profile.

Oh boy. Sorry about that. Neither of those was right. 1920 x 1080 is the correct resolution. I fixed my profile.
also you haven;t installed your kexts to /L/E, best go back and re read the guide :)

:oops:

Ok, I went back and followed all the instructions step-by-step. I now have a battery indicator showing in my menu bar. Still no drives or sound, and the clover boot screen is the wrong resolution. Reran gen_debug and am attaching files here. Thank you!

Attachments

• debug_7799.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
:oops:

Ok, I went back and followed all the instructions step-by-step. I now have a battery indicator showing in my menu bar. Still no drives or sound, and the clover boot screen is the wrong resolution. Reran gen_debug and am attaching files here. Thank you!
you can change your clover screen resolution in config.plist

try different layout-ids for audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back