Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 430 G1 Notebook PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i think i should w8 till Maverick release or there is a possibility of got to work 10.8.5 clean install?

So i think i should w8 till Maverick release or there is a possibility of got to work 10.8.5 clean install?

Well there's no telling what will happen with 10.9. It is isn't released yet. 10.8.5 is probably doable. Haswell is all new stuff, so there will be some learning to do.

Here's one ProBook 430 G1 at my hands and I'm trying to put a Hackintosh on it using Tony's UniBeast and Mavericks.

No success so far, it keeps rebooting after the white screen with the gray apple logo shows up for a brief moment. Any idea why? Is it the Intel graphics card?

This is a 13.3" ProBook (no optical drive!) w/ Haswell. It looks to be fairly lightweight (compared to other ProBooks) at 3.31 pounds.
From the photos, the chassis design looks a little different (some smoother edges).

Might be interesting when Haswell OS X support is widely available.

All the models shown on HP's page (I'm in the US, I suppose this varies by region) have BCM wireless:

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...8=?CatalogCategoryID=IeMQ7EN6Q7kAAAE.vnJPbLLZ

Windows Driver page:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=5379211&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4132

Highlights:
- some sort of IDT audio
- WiFi listed under BCM driver, shows:
Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n
Broadcom 4313 802.11 b/g/n
Broadcom BCM943228HM4L 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2
(it appears not supported by OS X... Hopefully no whitelist for possible replacement w/ "ac" card compatible w/ OS X...)
- There is also Atheros AR9000, Ralink, Intel and Realtek WiFi listed
- Realtek PCIe based card reader (maybe same as ProBook 4xx0s)
- Ethernet is realtek

Display looks to be only 1366x768 which is a shame.

Hi RehabMan (I bow down at your feet in wonderment).
Thanks to your excellent post on getting MacOS Sierra onto a laptop, i have got to the following stage and am now a bit lost as to where to go from here.

1. I have the above HP Laptop.
2. Used createinstaller and clover as per your laptop guide to create a USB bootable, using your config.plist for HD4200 graphics and included the intel PCIID kexts as per your suggestions for HD4200 compatibility.
3. Adjusted bios settings and successfully installed macOS Sierra.

I'm now at the stage where I can boot up using clover boot loader on the USB and OS looks great.

Wifi: not detected
I have seen conflicting info as to whether the included wifi on this laptop will work - so far it's not detected, is that because I have not included a tkxt or adjusted a value in config.plist?
Or should I buy a replacement wifi card, if so which one? (The specs are as above in your post #1)

According to yr installing OSX on laptop guide, I should install clover onto hard drive - do I still need to manually place the kexts in relevant places? I should use a dedicated Kext installer?

Do I still select "UEFI Boot Only" option as per the USB?

Many Thanks for your excellent advice!

Ian

Hi RehabMan (I bow down at your feet in wonderment).
Thanks to your excellent post on getting MacOS Sierra onto a laptop, i have got to the following stage and am now a bit lost as to where to go from here.

1. I have the above HP Laptop.
2. Used createinstaller and clover as per your laptop guide to create a USB bootable, using your config.plist for HD4200 graphics and included the intel PCIID kexts as per your suggestions for HD4200 compatibility.
3. Adjusted bios settings and successfully installed macOS Sierra.

I'm now at the stage where I can boot up using clover boot loader on the USB and OS looks great.

Wifi: not detected
I have seen conflicting info as to whether the included wifi on this laptop will work - so far it's not detected, is that because I have not included a tkxt or adjusted a value in config.plist?
Or should I buy a replacement wifi card, if so which one? (The specs are as above in your post #1)

According to yr installing OSX on laptop guide, I should install clover onto hard drive - do I still need to manually place the kexts in relevant places? I should use a dedicated Kext installer?

Do I still select "UEFI Boot Only" option as per the USB?

Many Thanks for your excellent advice!

Ian

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Thank you RehabMan, but I cannot proceed any further with that method since my network controller isn't working - the network prefs pane shows an error and closes if I try to add a device there too.
The probook guide you link to is excellent, it says to put "RealtekRTL8111.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext to Clover/kexts/Other" - I did this but was unsure where to find the latest versions of these? Many Thanks!
Once I get the network working I can proceed much more easily!

Thank you RehabMan, but I cannot proceed any further with that method since my network controller isn't working - the network prefs pane shows an error and closes if I try to add a device there too.
The probook guide you link to is excellent, it says to put "RealtekRTL8111.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext to Clover/kexts/Other" - I did this but was unsure where to find the latest versions of these? Many Thanks!
Once I get the network working I can proceed much more easily!

Those kexts are linked from the main Clover laptop guide, which is linked from the ProBook guide.
Read everything carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back