Graphics
Intel 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have successfully brought up an HP ProBook 430 G1 with Mavericks 10.9.1 without using a custom DSDT (although I've tried some patched DSDTs without success). I'm looking to patch the DSDT myself to fix some of the low hanging fruit from the install, but I'm running into errors when I try to compile the DSDT. My first attempt was with a patched DSDT, but in my troubleshooting I've found that the errors occur even when compiling the unpatched DSDT.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I export the DSDT from OS X using MaciASL or if I do it from Linux.

I've scoured threads in the DSDT and ProBook forums but haven't found anything that helps.

I'm getting the following errors (line numbers reference the MaciASL-generated DSDT):
  • Line 14011 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_OPERATIONREGION, expecting ',' or ')'
  • Line 14018 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected ')'
  • Line 14041 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARESOP_FIELD
  • Line 14091 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARESOP_FIELD
  • Line 15101 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARESOP_NAME, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

System Information:
HP ProBook 430 G1
Intel Core i7 CPU
Intel 4400 integrated graphics
Broadcom WiFi
Realtek ethernet

DSDTs attached.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    224.9 KB · Views: 116
I have successfully brought up an HP ProBook 430 G1 with Mavericks 10.9.1 without using a custom DSDT (although I've tried some patched DSDTs without success). I'm looking to patch the DSDT myself to fix some of the low hanging fruit from the install, but I'm running into errors when I try to compile the DSDT. My first attempt was with a patched DSDT, but in my troubleshooting I've found that the errors occur even when compiling the unpatched DSDT.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I export the DSDT from OS X using MaciASL or if I do it from Linux.

I've scoured threads in the DSDT and ProBook forums but haven't found anything that helps.

I'm getting the following errors (line numbers reference the MaciASL-generated DSDT):
  • Line 14011 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_OPERATIONREGION, expecting ',' or ')'
  • Line 14041 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARESOP_FIELD
  • Line 14091 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARESOP_FIELD
  • Line 15101 - 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARESOP_NAME, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

System Information:
HP ProBook 430 G1
Intel Core i7 CPU
Intel 4400 integrated graphics
Broadcom WiFi
Realtek ethernet

DSDTs attached.

Any suggestions?

See DSDT patching guide for 450 G1 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-450-g1-osx-mavericks-installation-guide.html

Thanks. I think the key was doing this step:

iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml
from OS X instead of Linux.

I did have problems with the GFX0 patch and Brightness patches that may be related to different graphics between the 450 and 430. Other than that, though, I've got audio, battery indicator, and function key behavior! Now all I need is a new WiFi module and I'll be set with a pretty functional unit.

Thanks!

BTW, after looking at some parts of this DSDT, I'm pretty sure I should be doing:
Code:
OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, And(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, Not(0xF)), 0xe1184)

Instead of:
Code:
OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, Subtract(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, 4), 0xe1184)

(There are portions of the 4x0s G1 DSDT that auto-calculate BAR values by masking off the low nibble)

Hi, can you tell me which method did you use and what doesn't work. I'm considering buying the same laptop and hackintoch it

hi, can somebody post a completed DSDT for a 430 G1?

i cannot find 430G1 specific DSDT patches such as are available for 4xxx series of pro books

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back