Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a HP ProBook 430 G1 with an Intel i5 CPU. I would like to install Mavericks on it using Clover. My question is, is it hard to replace the WiFi card? Because I've never done that. Also, can you suggest me a compatible WiFi card (one that you tried and sure it works).
Thank you in advance, have a good day.

Hi, I have a HP ProBook 430 G1 with an Intel i5 CPU. I would like to install Mavericks on it using Clover. My question is, is it hard to replace the WiFi card? Because I've never done that. Also, can you suggest me a compatible WiFi card (one that you tried and sure it works).
Thank you in advance, have a good day.

It is not difficult to replace the WiFi card. Refer to your service manual.

For WiFi recommendations, see the Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Ok I'll look in the manual or watch some videos. Last question, do you know any good site where to buy one of these wifi card? Also are they the same or there is a best one? Thank you in advance.

ebay?

Unfortunately some HP laptops have it (a lot of them), so I'm not sure I should buy a wifi card that maybe won't work.

I am aware of the issue. But the 430 G1 does not have this problem.

This is covered at the link provided in post #3:

Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: HP-branded Atheros AR5B195
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p/2x70p: HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS
- Other laptop: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224/43225/4352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back