Contribute
Register

HP PAVILLION G6 2221ss [WORK IN PROGRESS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The usb3 only works with usb1.0 devices keyboards or mouse, for usb 2.0 like pen drives not work.

How did the battery patch work?

The usb3 only works with usb1.0 devices keyboards or mouse, for usb 2.0 like pen drives not work.

What are you using for USB3 (GenericUSBXHCI?). I think there are widespread problems with that kext on 10.8.5, but you should make sure you have the latest. What about after sleep/wake cycle?

How did the battery patch work?

What are you using for USB3 (GenericUSBXHCI?). I think there are widespread problems with that kext on 10.8.5, but you should make sure you have the latest. What about after sleep/wake cycle?

The battery patch work but coconut , isn't showing nothing :D N/A N/A N/A

I am using that GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.6d3

The battery patch work but coconut , isn't showing nothing :D N/A N/A N/A

Yes, I think this is caused by some recent changes that I made with renaming my kext from AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Problem is that coconut battery is dependent on the class name that AppleSmartBatteryManager uses, and I can't use the same class name and co-exist with AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.

For my own use, I'd rather co-exist instead of replace because it makes dealing with system updates easier. And... I don't use Coconut battery. I just use the already working battery status on the menu bar.

You can try the version previous to the name change if you would like. It is functionally equivalent, you'll just have to reinstall it after system updates.

I am using that GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.6d3

Yes, known issues on 10.8.5. Realize that 10.8.5 was just released, so things are still being worked on... It will be a while. If you're interested, you can track/contribute at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

Yes, known issues on 10.8.5. Realize that 10.8.5 was just released, so things are still being worked on... It will be a while. If you're interested, you can track/contribute at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

I see, some people with ProBooks and Ivy and this chipset has too this issues with USB3, i think is related to only Intel USB3 and not Lacie.

I uploaded in first post S/L/E and Extra folder. :clap:

Yes, I think this is caused by some recent changes that I made with renaming my kext from AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Problem is that coconut battery is dependent on the class name that AppleSmartBatteryManager uses, and I can't use the same class name and co-exist with AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.

For my own use, I'd rather co-exist instead of replace because it makes dealing with system updates easier. And... I don't use Coconut battery. I just use the already working battery status on the menu bar.

You can try the version previous to the name change if you would like. It is functionally equivalent, you'll just have to reinstall it after system updates.

BTW, the next version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext has some changes that allow it to work with coconutBattery.app:

- class name changed from org_rehabman_AppleSmartBattery to rehab_ACPIBattery, which happens to have the same length as AppleSmartBattery.
- PatchCoconut.sh added which will patch /Applications/coconutBattery.app so it uses rehab_ACPIBattery instead of AppleSmartBattery

BTW, the next version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext has some changes that allow it to work with coconutBattery.app:

- class name changed from org_rehabman_AppleSmartBattery to rehab_ACPIBattery, which happens to have the same length as AppleSmartBattery.
- PatchCoconut.sh added which will patch /Applications/coconutBattery.app so it uses rehab_ACPIBattery instead of AppleSmartBattery

Sweet!!!! :clap:

Sweet!!!! :clap:

Actually here's a patch for coconutBattery that will work with the current version (actually any battery manager):

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo Patching /Applications/coconutBattery.app for compatibility with ACPIBatteryManager.kext

set -x

sudo cp /Applications/coconutBattery.app/Contents/MacOS/coconutBattery /Applications/coconutBattery.app/Contents/MacOS/coconutBattery.orig

# -- simple patch (only works with ACPIBatteryManager.kext v1.41)
# AppleSmartBattery
# rehab_ACPIBattery

#sudo perl -pi -e 's|AppleSmartBattery|rehab_ACPIBattery|g' /Applications/coconutBattery.app/Contents/MacOS/coconutBattery

# -- alternate patch (works with all battery managers)
# AppleSmartBattery
# IOPMPowerSource

sudo perl -pi -e 's|AppleSmartBattery\x00|IOPMPowerSource\x00\x00\x00|g' /Applications/coconutBattery.app/Contents/MacOS/coconutBattery
sudo perl -pi -e 's|/usr/sbin/ioreg -rc "AppleSmartBattery"\x00|/usr/sbin/ioreg -rc "IOPMPowerSource"\x00\x00\x00|g' /Applications/coconutBattery.app/Contents/MacOS/coconutBattery

hi every one I have hp pavilion g6
I tried using the fixes that is written in comments but to no avail
my battery percentage is not showing
and the must important thing !! the Brightness do not work
and my laptop is over heating
please help me
here is a pictures of my laptop driver on windows so to be clear
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
1.PNG