Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-WS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
So I have an HP Pavilion P7-1017C desktop sitting around and was wondering if it is Hackintosh compatible. I know in order to run macOS, it would require a dedicated GPU card as the integrated graphics do not meet the HD 3000 requirement. I have tried several GT 710s and the system will not boot with them in. I figure from this that maybe a specific line/series of graphic cards would be compatible in order to get this system running macOS, but I don't know which ones.

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2100
Motherboard: Pegatron IPISB-CU (uses the Intel H61 chipset)

Figured out the issue with the graphics.
Had to use a 500 series (Nvidia GeForce GT 520) in order to get it past the BIOS splash screen. Newer versions such as the Kepler GeForce GT 610 would NOT work.

I changed out the graphics card so many times, and couldn't get it to work to the point where my next step was to buy an upgraded processor, a core i5 2405S, just to get the HD 3000 graphics.

Last edited:
Alright, so I managed to install to it off of a UniBeast USB, but I have not been able to get it to boot on its own.
I did the usual install with MultiBeast, but no matter which/what options I did, I could not get it to work. It kept saying that it could not detect the boot volume/disk/whatever (hopefully you get the idea). I don't have the time to mess around with a project like this, so I'm pretty much leaving it empty handed for now I guess. Unless someone has a really nice easy solution to get it to boot on its own, I might go from there. @trs96 maybe?

Have you tried copying the USB EFI folder onto the EFI partition of the hard disk ? It will still require more than that to get it fully functional but it's a start to get it to boot without the USB.

Have you tried copying the USB EFI folder onto the EFI partition of the hard disk ? It will still require more than that to get it fully functional but it's a start to get it to boot without the USB.
Yeah I tired that and it still gave that message that it didn't detect the boot volume.
I hope I copied it right to the right directory.

I can post a picture of the message in a bit, but it will be a while until then.

@trs96
There we go
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG

I can post a picture of the message
It's trying to boot from the network as it can't see a boot drive. Check the BIOS sata mode setting and see if you can set it to AHCI. It should be an option on an H61 motherboard. Since this is a pre-built consumer model that's not guaranteed.

I have no idea which version of macOS you are trying to install. That will make a difference as to which graphics card will or won't work.

Last edited:
It's trying to boot from the network as it can't see a boot drive. Check the BIOS sata mode setting and see if you can set it to AHCI. It should be an option on an H61 motherboard. Since this is a pre-built consumer model that's not guaranteed.

I have no idea which version of macOS you are trying to install. That will make a difference as to which graphics card will or won't work.
It's already set to AHCI.

I'm trying anything I can get right now.
I tried Mountain Lion, Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra.

The only HP models I would use for a hackintosh on a budget are the HP 6300 Pro or 8300 Elite. Those can be purchased for a small amount of money on Ebay. Work well with Yosemite through Catalina so you have lots of choices. You can even use the GT 710 graphics card with El Capitan through Catalina.

You can even get the 6300 Pro with an i7-3770 for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
The only HP models I would use for a hackintosh on a budget are the HP 6300 Pro or 8300 Elite. Those can be purchased for a small amount of money on Ebay. Work well with Yosemite through Catalina so you have lots of choices. You can even use the GT 710 graphics card with El Capitan through Catalina.

You can even get the 6300 Pro with an i7-3770 for a reasonable price.
I got the boot: 0 error message after attempting to boot from a Windows installer USB if that helps any. I'm really not sure how and/or why though. I even got it after I tried patching the 4k sectors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back