Contribute
Register

Hp pavilion dv6 can't reach the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp Pavilion dv6 6c65sx
CPU
i7 2670QM/HM65
Graphics
HD 3000/HD 6700m, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.
I am having a problem to reach the installer in macOS 10.14.5 when I reach at some point in verbose mode then it restarts automatically (used -no_compat_check). Attached a photo before it restarts.

Attachments

• IMG_20190630_021751.jpg
    IMG_20190630_021751.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 98
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
Someone help plz ?

-no_compat_check is not enabled in config.plist, add that and try changing the smbios to a different model

+1 on changing your SMBIOS to a different model. Even with -no_compat_check enabled, you are almost certainly going to run into more compatibility issues later with that SMBIOS.

I'm currently running and tweaking Mojave 10.14.0 on my HP Pavilion DV6 6080, which is very similar and have not issues so far using the MacBookPro 9,1 SMBIOS.

Last edited:
+1 on changing your SMBIOS to a different model. Even with -no_compat_check enabled, you are almost certainly going to run into more compatibility issues later with that SMBIOS.

I'm currently running and tweaking Mojave 10.4 on my HP Pavilion DV6 6080, which is very similar and have not issues so far using the MacBookPro 9,1 SMBIOS.
Thank you man, It worked after I changed to MacBookPro 9,1 SMBIOS.

-no_compat_check is not enabled in config.plist, add that and try changing the smbios to a different model

Anytime!

Shubham17 did all the heavy lifting on that, but I have a very similar laptop to yours and have most things working really well, so if you need help with anything specific, just let me know.

Right now the only things not working on my old HP DV6 6080 are my SDHC card reader (i’m investing some different techniques) and the Fingerprint reader (which will never work on macOS). USB 3.0 works but there is definitely something hinky with the injected power to those ports so they are a bit temperamental. Audio is almost perfect (using layoutid 21), but the Line-in input is excluding the right audio for some reason when recording, so I need to figure that out.

Otherwise, i’m very happy with the performance and stability so far and I am almost about ready to start putting together a guide.

Hello.
I am having a problem to reach the installer in macOS 10.14.5 when I reach at some point in verbose mode then it restarts automatically (used -no_compat_check). Attached a photo before it restarts.
use a config.plist from the laptop guide:
Link to laptop guide:

I'm currently running and tweaking Mojave 10.14.0 on my HP Pavilion DV6 6080, which is very similar and have not issues so far using the MacBookPro 9,1 SMBIOS.

Hello!
I have got HP PAVILION dv6-6158er (Intel Core i3 2310M, ATI Radeon HD 6770М, ddr3 memory)
Could you help me with installation?

Also, I want to make it as second OC (need to save win10). What you can suggest me?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hello!
I have got HP PAVILION dv6-6158er (Intel Core i3 2310M, ATI Radeon HD 6770М, ddr3 memory)
Could you help me with installation?

Also, I want to make it as second OC (need to save win10). What you can suggest me?

Thanks a lot!

Hi! Sorry, i’ve been away for a while. What do need help with on your installation?

You can definitely boot both Windows 10 and Mojave, but it is much easier and safer if you have two separate HDDs. One for each OS. I removed my Optical Drive and bought one of those internal optical drive to 2.5in HDD adapters. That way I can have two HDDs in my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back