Graphics
ATI Mobility 5470
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Pavilion DV6-3112sa and I can get 10.6 running with iBoot and the SL retail disc absolutely fine, however, whenever I try upgrading with the 10.6.8 combo installer, I can't seem to get it to work. I have followed the guide on installing it on sandy-bridge systems (with update helper) but to no avail. If I try starting up off of the bootloader, I get the reboot prompt "You need to restart your computer. HOld down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again." When I try accessing it through iBoot, I get the white screen with the apple logo, but no spinning loading wheel below it indicating startup, and this screen hangs forever. It may be worth noting that even with just 10.6, the bootloader wouldnt ever work, it would load up fine, and then when I selected the partition with OS installed, the white screen would flash up for a second, then reboot, so I always had to access it with iBoot. Here's a few specs, any help at all is truly appreciated -
Processor : i3-350m
Ram: 4GB
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Hard drive: 320GB

I have a Pavilion DV6-3112sa and I can get 10.6 running with iBoot and the SL retail disc absolutely fine, however, whenever I try upgrading with the 10.6.8 combo installer, I can't seem to get it to work. I have followed the guide on installing it on sandy-bridge systems (with update helper) but to no avail. If I try starting up off of the bootloader, I get the reboot prompt "You need to restart your computer. HOld down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again." When I try accessing it through iBoot, I get the white screen with the apple logo, but no spinning loading wheel below it indicating startup, and this screen hangs forever. It may be worth noting that even with just 10.6, the bootloader wouldnt ever work, it would load up fine, and then when I selected the partition with OS installed, the white screen would flash up for a second, then reboot, so I always had to access it with iBoot. Here's a few specs, any help at all is truly appreciated -
Processor : i3-350m
Ram: 4GB
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Hard drive: 320GB

BridgeHelper is only for Sandy Bridge systems. Your i3-350m is first gen Core i series, not Sandy Bridge...

I tried using it without, however I would get a kernel panic during the update at around the "1 minute remaining" step

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back