Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion Dm4-1265Dx Battery reporting wrong state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you attaching files?
What is the question?
It is your responsibility to analyze any debug output and continue to add debug info until you find the problem.
Oops, sorry....
Anyways, each time the power was unplugged, this happened:
All Messages 2.log.zip
But I feel like something was wrong, "fACConnected=1" should not be a thing, I guess this should explains why the AC power stays on all the time?
However,
Code:
12/17/17 5:09:36.000 AM    kernel[0]    ACPIBatteryManager: ACPIACAdapter::message setting AC disconnected
It sees that the AC is disconnected, however something among the lines makes the AC stays connected all the time.
That's the part that I cannot understand why this happens.
I'll read more in the meantime tho.

Attachments

• All Messages 2.log.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 67
Oops, sorry....
Anyways, each time the power was unplugged, this happened:
All Messages 2.log.zip
But I feel like something was wrong, "fACConnected=1" should not be a thing, I guess this should explains why the AC power stays on all the time?
However,
Code:
12/17/17 5:09:36.000 AM    kernel[0]    ACPIBatteryManager: ACPIACAdapter::message setting AC disconnected
It sees that the AC is disconnected, however something among the lines makes the AC stays connected all the time.
That's the part that I cannot understand why this happens.
I'll read more in the meantime tho.

fACConnected is determined from _BST status.

fACConnected is determined from _BST status.
Code:
{ "BAT0._BST return", { 0x1, 0x0, 0xa69, 0x3134, }, }
From ACPI Spec:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Bit1 – 1 indicates the battery is charging.

[/LIST]
Shouldn't be like this, right?

Last edited:
Shouldn't be like this, correct?

Only you can answer that question. I have no way of telling whether your AC connector is attached or not.

1 is bit 0 set, which indicates battery is discharging.

1 is bit 0 set, which indicates battery is discharging.
Wait, so 0x1 means the battery is discharging and 0x0 means the battery is charging?

Wait, so 0x1 means the battery is discharging and 0x0 means the battery is charging?

No.
Read the ACPI spec.
  • Bit [0] – 1 indicates the battery is discharging.

• Bit [1] – 1 indicates the battery is charging.

• Bit [2 ]– 1 indicates the battery is in the critical energy state (see Section 3.9.4, “Low Battery Levels”). This does not mean battery failure.
No bits set would be zero, battery neither charging, nor discharging (eg. AC plugged in, battery fully charged)
Bit 0 set would be 1, battery discharging.
Bit 1 set would be 2, battery charging.
Bit 2 set would be 4, critical state (but this bit likely to be combined with bit 0 or bit 1 set, so would be 5 or 6)

No.
Read the ACPI spec.
  • Bit [0] – 1 indicates the battery is discharging.

• Bit [1] – 1 indicates the battery is charging.

• Bit [2 ]– 1 indicates the battery is in the critical energy state (see Section 3.9.4, “Low Battery Levels”). This does not mean battery failure.
No bits set would be zero, battery neither charging, nor discharging (eg. AC plugged in, battery fully charged)
Bit 0 set would be 1, battery discharging.
Bit 1 set would be 2, battery charging.
Bit 2 set would be 4, critical state (but this bit likely to be combined with bit 0 or bit 1 set, so would be 5 or 6)
Oh, my battery was at 100%, that's why it was showing as 0x0, I see.

Oh, my battery was at 100%, that's why it was showing as 0x0, I see.

Battery state is the first entry in the _BST return.
The data you provided earlier showed 1 (the zero that follows is "Battery Present Rate").

Battery state is the first entry in the _BST return.
The data you provided earlier showed 1 (the zero that follows is "Battery Present Rate").
Now I can't understand why fACConnected=1 would stays on all the time, despite _BST reports the charging status correctly.
(I guess it's possibly problems with the DSDT itself that relies on AC adapter?)

Now I can't understand why fACConnected=1 would stays on all the time, despite _BST reports the charging status correctly.
(I guess it's possibly problems with the DSDT itself that relies on AC adapter?)

Look at logs from ACPIBatteryManager.kext (install debug kext to get complete logs).
And check ioreg content (properties under AppleSmartBattery).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back