Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion Dm4-1265Dx Battery reporting wrong state

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't understand how to push _BST log into there....

No ideas unless you provide data showing what you're doing.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And note that you can get some detailed information on what ACPIBatteryManager.kext is seeing by installing the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

No ideas unless you provide data showing what you're doing.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And note that you can get some detailed information on what ACPIBatteryManager.kext is seeing by installing the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext.
Here. Since I am kinda lost on what I am actually doing/need to do, so I'll just post all the files.

Attachments

• Debug.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
Here. Since I am kinda lost on what I am actually doing/need to do, so I'll just post all the files.

I see no RMDT calls in _BIF, _BST, BTIF, BTST.
And you should probably start by analyzing the debug info from debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext.
Read the ACPI spec regarding _BIF/_BST so you understand the data that should be returned.

I see no RMDT calls in _BIF, _BST, BTIF, BTST.
And you should probably start by analyzing the debug info from debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext.
Read the ACPI spec regarding _BIF/_BST so you understand the data that should be returned.
Can you show me how to do this step by step? I have been thinking the whole day but I still don't know how.

Can you show me how to do this step by step? I have been thinking the whole day but I still don't know how.

Start with installing the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext.
And read the ACPI spec regarding _BIF, _BST.

Start with installing the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext.
And read the ACPI spec regarding _BIF, _BST.
I did step 1, but I don't know where and how to read the ACPI spec regarding _BIF and _BST, can you show me how?
Sorry that I might be annoying, but this is the first time I actually debug something :<.

I did step 1, but I don't know where and how to read the ACPI spec regarding _BIF and _BST, can you show me how?
Sorry that I might be annoying, but this is the first time I actually debug something :<.

You can use google to find the ACPI specification.

You can use google to find the ACPI specification.
Sorry for the late reply, today is my bday (Dec 6) so I'm quite busy.
And from the information that I have read, I see that _BIF should return information about the battery (model and such), and _BST should return status of the battery, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back