Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Intel UHD 630 Brightness Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech
Windows 10 Patch and GPIO Patch. Both are applied to enable on-board ELAN I2C touchpad
go here and and test to see if your nvram is working:

go here and and test to see if your nvram is working:
@Feartech I ran the HelloWorld test and it turns out that upon reboot i got the output TestVar HelloWorld. I don’t have EmuVariableUefi in drivers64UEFI. Which means my NVram is working?

Btw I was checking Clover Configurator and I saw there is a variable IntelMaxValue which was empty, can I place some value there, to dictate some brightness level?

@Feartech I ran the HelloWorld test and it turns out that upon reboot i got the output TestVar HelloWorld. I don’t have EmuVariableUefi in drivers64UEFI. Which means my NVram is working?

Btw I was checking Clover Configurator and I saw there is a variable IntelMaxValue which was empty, can I place some value there, to dictate some brightness level?
try it :)

out of ideas, sorry!

i have had a look here:

and there is some mention in regards of other's having the same issue, you could try some of the workarounds in there

So for anyone facing this issue, I shortlisted the boot arg and it was wegnoegpu that caused this issue. Remove it from clover and hopefully brightness will return to normal

Last edited:
what patches did you make in your DSDT?

you could also try using MacBookPro15,2 to test

also i came across this from a fellow mod when I used to use clover that may work for you:

Make sure you remove SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-ALS0.
Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext or if you were using the old AppleBacklightInjector.kext from Rehabman.
Leave only whatevergreen.kext

Into config.plist /Devices/Properties (not inside the IGPU) just on Devices/Properties add the values:
SetIntelBacklight=True (boolean)
SetIntelMaxBacklight=True (boolean)

Enable/add the config.plist /DSDT/Fixes/ AddPNLF=True

Reboot and Brightness should work correctly.
Hey, I have the same problem and tried your solution. I get the brightness slider in the Display settings but it does nothing. I do not have the AppleBacklightInjector kext and the SSDT-PNLF patch. Do you have any solution regarding this?

Wow ! @RAFFAY I have been trying for 3 days to pass PCI end stuck error and I couldn't believe that I got the installer after I put your clover! you really saved my life!
Do you mind sending me the last copy of your clover? I have the exact laptop

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 299
@MohamedSaber Glad I could help
Great, where exactly did you put in Library/Extensions? and I have a couple of issues, I'm not sure if u solve them or no

#Bluetooth
#Trackpad
#Battery
#FanSpeed
#Camera
#Hibernate
#Brightness buttons

I cannot share my contact information so it's better for everyone to see that in case someone have the same laptop specs and looking for help

Hi, Thanks for sharing your clover. I have laptop HP Pavilion Gaming 15 like your spec. So, I want to install Catalina with your Clover but have error with SMCLightSensor (I'm boot with Verbose mode). And then, I'm use kexts to fix that (on screenshot). Success to enter Setup, but in installation stuck at 2 minutes after that reboot.
Screenshot (43).png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back