i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello tonymacx86, with a lot of effort I am finally able to install macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my HP Pavilion 15 Gaming dk-01297tx. This laptop is equipped with an i7-9750H, Intel UHD 630 + GTX 1650. There was a trackpad issue which I'm able to resolve (it is an ELAN I2C Touchpad) but now I'm encountering a strange problem, my video memory for UHD 630 is correctly shown as 1536MB, so I assume that it is correctly recognized by macOS but strangely there are no brightness controls in Display section.

Attached is my EFI/Clover folder.

Kindly someone, please shed some light on this issue.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 456
Hello tonymacx86, with a lot of effort I am finally able to install macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my HP Pavilion 15 Gaming dk-01297tx. This laptop is equipped with an i7-9750H, Intel UHD 630 + GTX 1650. There was a trackpad issue which I'm able to resolve (it is an ELAN I2C Touchpad) but now I'm encountering a strange problem, my video memory for UHD 630 is correctly shown as 1536MB, so I assume that it is correctly recognized by macOS but strangely there are no brightness controls in Display section.

Attached is my EFI/Clover folder.

Kindly someone, please shed some light on this issue.

whatevergreen.kext can be used instead

@Feartech Thank You. As you can see, I have placed whatevergreen.kext in kexts/Others :(
Any suggestions?

@Feartech By placing the specified SSDT and AppleBacklightFixup (alongside whatevergreen), I got the brightness slider but brightness is not changine. I feel like I need to insert fakeId and platform-id, I guess? Also screen turns on after 3 minutes now as reported by some users :(

@Feartech By placing the specified SSDT and AppleBacklightFixup (alongside whatevergreen), I got the brightness slider but brightness is not changine. I feel like I need to insert fakeId and platform-id, I guess? Also screen turns on after 3 minutes now as reported by some users :(
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

@Feartech Using SSDT-PNLF.aml, though I got the buggy slider (cuz its non-functional) it turns out that my screen went off regularly for 2 3 minutes and comes up again for 2 minutes. That's why I removed that aml file. Also while trying to generate debug files, I got the error "line 54: gen_debug: command not found"

@Feartech Using SSDT-PNLF.aml, though I got the buggy slider (cuz its non-functional) it turns out that my screen went off regularly for 2 3 minutes and comes up again for 2 minutes. That's why I removed that aml file. Also while trying to generate debug files, I got the error "line 54: gen_debug: command not found"
run this first:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

you could also try the aml that comes with whatevergreen.kext

@Feartech There was a dsl file with whatevergreen.kext. I compiled it using MaciASL, there was no error (or warning) while creating an AML from it. Placed it into patched, unfortunately it didn't work.

I'm attaching the output of debug. Please note that it failed to copy IOReg (I manually saved it therefore) and to detect my EFI probably because it is on my SSD and macOS is installed on HDD (dual-booting with Windows). So I manually copied the Clover folder (excluding themes). Kindly have a look

Attachments

• debug_12782.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
@Feartech There was a dsl file with whatevergreen.kext. I compiled it using MaciASL, there was no error (or warning) while creating an AML from it. Placed it into patched, unfortunately it didn't work.

I'm attaching the output of debug. Please note that it failed to copy IOReg (I manually saved it therefore) and to detect my EFI probably because it is on my SSD and macOS is installed on HDD (dual-booting with Windows). So I manually copied the Clover folder (excluding themes). Kindly have a look
you may need:
igfxcflbklt=1 boot argument (and enable-cfl-backlight-fix property) to enable CFL backlight patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back