Contribute
Register

hp pavilion 15 ab253cl compatible wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been testing a new NGFF card lately which works natively in OS X without any patches.
Ramalama had reported the same previously.

Its a Dell DW1830; Broadcom BCM943602BAED, 14e4:43ba also used in the Apple MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015.
Its A+E key NGFF M.2, so it should fit in more laptops compared to the BCM94352Z.

I ordered one of these on ebay as well. When it arrives, will be testing in my NUC6.

I know this is an old thread, but has there been success using the Dell DW1830; Broadcom BCM943602BAED wifi card? I too am having trouble finding a card that will work in a new build > Probook 470 G4. I have the Dell DW1560, BCM94352Z, but it is not recognized by the system BIOS so there is no chance to load drivers for it to work in Windows. (It boots without complaint) I have not loaded Sierra yet. Waiting until can find a solution that will work in Win & Mac OS.

I know this is an old thread, but has there been success using the Dell DW1830; Broadcom BCM943602BAED wifi card? I too am having trouble finding a card that will work in a new build > Probook 470 G4. I have the Dell DW1560, BCM94352Z, but it is not recognized by the system BIOS so there is no chance to load drivers for it to work in Windows. (It boots without complaint) I have not loaded Sierra yet. Waiting until can find a solution that will work in Win & Mac OS.

Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date.
If the new ProBooks have a BIOS WiFi whitelist, that would be something new.
BCM943602BAED is also supported (less patches required than for BCM94322Z, in fact).

hi RehabMan i wana buy a BCM943602BAED card do you know its working with my hp? because i seen in all ebay and alliexpres pages is not for hp & lenovo. right now i have an BCM94322Z but windows crash sometimes thats why i wana change the wifi card. thx.

hi RehabMan i wana buy a BCM943602BAED card do you know its working with my hp? because i seen in all ebay and alliexpres pages is not for hp & lenovo. right now i have an BCM94322Z but windows crash sometimes thats why i wana change the wifi card. thx.

It will depend on whether your laptop has a WiFi whitelist.
Some HPs do, some don't.
You will find out after you install the card.

ok thank you very much. but the crashes what now gives my card (BCM94322Z ) is not because is in whitelist or not. right?

ok thank you very much. but the crashes what now gives my card (BCM94322Z ) is not because is in whitelist or not. right?

Windows issues are off-topic here.

Add the following to your boot arguments in clover:
"msgbuf=1024000 debug=0xFFF wl_msg_level=0xFFF wl_msg_level2=0xFFF"

Reboot, and try scanning for WiFi networks. After that dump the ARPT log to a file:
"sudo dmesg | grep -i ARPT > ~/Desktop/ARPT.log" and post it here.
the-darkvoid, good to see you! Since you post this thread, I haven't seen you active in tonymacx86....

I choose DW1820A for my hackintosh, but on my HP Elitebook Folio 1020 g1, it cause a panic when power on (it means I cannot boot into macOS). And it works fine on ECS Liva Core.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Old thread. Hopefully, it helps someone.
Gutted that I didn't try it any earlier. Apparently, HP has moved away from wifi whitelist from models 2016 onwards.

So, I thought why not.
Got Dell DW1820A BCM94350ZAE and its working better than my original intel card, even on windows. Getting 500mbps on wifi. The connection is solid as well. And all in all, it costs about $12. HandsOff, FT, everything working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back