Contribute
Register

hp pavilion 15 ab253cl compatible wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

I know my current wifi adapter (Intel AC-3165 WiFi) is not compatible with macOS so I need help in figuring out a card which will work i.e. are white listed for HP.

As per this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-install-yosemite-on-hp-laptops-with-clover-uefi.143675/

Compatible Wifi card

If you don't have the following wifi card, you have to replace.
Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: the laptop has whitelist BIOS, so only usable card is HP-branded Atheros AR5B195
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: the laptop has whitelist BIOS, so only usable card is HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
- Other laptop:
  • WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)
- Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module, so the bluetooth module in Wifi + BT card will not be used.

But this does not mention the card for Pavilion laptop. So if anyone has setup a pavilion before and knows a working wifi with it, please share the name :). Also, I dont mind loosing Bluetooth functionality if there is an option for cheap wifi card.

Thanks!

hey guys,

I know my current wifi adapter (Intel AC-3165 WiFi) is not compatible with macOS so I need help in figuring out a card which will work i.e. are white listed for HP.

As per this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-install-yosemite-on-hp-laptops-with-clover-uefi.143675/

But this does not mention the card for Pavilion laptop. So if anyone has setup a pavilion before and knows a working wifi with it, please share the name :). Also, I dont mind loosing Bluetooth functionality if there is an option for cheap wifi card.

Thanks!

The whitelist varies per model. You never know if the card will be accepted until you try it (unless you can disassemble BIOS and find the code responsible for implementing the whitelist).

The whitelist varies per model. You never know if the card will be accepted until you try it (unless you can disassemble BIOS and find the code responsible for implementing the whitelist).

thanks,
was hoping if someone having a pavilion could help assuming the whitelist might just be same across all pavilions.

unlikely.
So I googled a bit more and I found this:
Every Hp Laptop's manual has a list of whitelisted cards.
Below are the one which will work for sure:

Integrated Wireless options with single antenna (M.2/PCIe):
● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 M.2 Combo Adapter
● Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter
● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Integrated Wireless options with dual antennas (M.2/PCIe):

● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

Now, I can see that none of these are compatible with hackintosh.

So by your experience, can you tell me that this is an exhaustive list or maybe there might be more models which are compatible but not listed the manual?

So I googled a bit more and I found this:
Every Hp Laptop's manual has a list of whitelisted cards.
Below are the one which will work for sure:

Integrated Wireless options with single antenna (M.2/PCIe):
● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 M.2 Combo Adapter
● Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter
● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Integrated Wireless options with dual antennas (M.2/PCIe):

● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

Now, I can see that none of these are compatible with hackintosh.

So by your experience, can you tell me that this is an exhaustive list or maybe there might be more models which are compatible but not listed the manual?

Sometimes the WiFi cards listed are not a complete list. And sometimes, even though there is a specific list, the laptop actually has no whitelist implemented in BIOS (such as the ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook series 7-series chipset and later).

Even in the event that no OS X compatible WiFi devices are allowed, you can play certain tricks. Such as rebranding an AR9280 to pass the whitelist and using FakePCIID to map the ids back to AR9280. Then only WiFi doesn't work in Windows, but it is easy to use USB WiFi there...

Sometimes the WiFi cards listed are not a complete list. And sometimes, even though there is a specific list, the laptop actually has no whitelist implemented in BIOS (such as the ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook series 7-series chipset and later).
ok thanks a lot. I just saw my card is M.2. My options are very very slim anyways.

ok thanks a lot. I just saw my card is M.2. My options are very very slim anyways.

Yes... BCM94352Z is the only real option (many are having difficulty with BCM94350ZAE).

I've been testing a new NGFF card lately which works natively in OS X without any patches.
Ramalama had reported the same previously.

Its a Dell DW1830; Broadcom BCM943602BAED, 14e4:43ba also used in the Apple MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015.
Its A+E key NGFF M.2, so it should fit in more laptops compared to the BCM94352Z.

So the real problem is No Result after Scanning! Is it possible to develop a patch for it (may be in `AirPortBrcm4360.kext')? How to see the log of this problem, how to debug this problem?

PS: This card works fine in both Ubuntu & Win 8.1 / 10.

Add the following to your boot arguments in clover:
"msgbuf=1024000 debug=0xFFF wl_msg_level=0xFFF wl_msg_level2=0xFFF"

Reboot, and try scanning for WiFi networks. After that dump the ARPT log to a file:
"sudo dmesg | grep -i ARPT > ~/Desktop/ARPT.log" and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back