i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500 + GT 820M, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I managed to get MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 on my HP Pavilion 14-r202tx with almost perfect working condition.

What's working:
QE/CI support on Intel HD Graphics 5500
Brightness control + Brightness Keys working
Internal Keyboard (Touchpad not working due to broken ribbon cable inside, so I don't care)
Native Power Management
Audio (Using AppleALC with layout id = 3)
HDMI with audio
Wifi (Using a D-Link DWA-121 Wifi Adapter)
Ethernet (With RTL8100.kext)
Sleep
Battery Indicator
Camera

What's not working:
Internal Wifi & Bluetooth
Dedicated GPU
Touchpad (as mentioned above)

However, while using it, I encountered a few problems:
1.Keyboard would not work at first boot
This is a strange problem because while everyone having issues with their keyboard not working after sleep here I am with a keyboard that's only going to work if I put the system to sleep first. So after I arrived at the lock screen, I need to press the sleep then wake it so the keyboard would work. I haven't found any threads discussing this problem so that's why I started a new one here hoping someone would help me.
2.Graphics would crash during editing with Final Cut Pro & during a Zoom meeting (+ Rarely during heavy workload)
This literally pissed me off because it only happened while I was doing something important (Opening Zoom, OneNote, Chrome, Spotify) and the system would just crash. Leaving me with an artifacting + glitching screen with an annoying static sound coming through my headset. I tried using all the patch that I could find related to this problem (Framebuffer patch, shikigva boot argument). At first I thought it's about overheating issues, but when I benchmark it (reaching 85+ degrees) it passed normally. Disabling Hardware Acceleration in Zoom doesn't help either. Now I'm confused what to do in order to fix this problem. I hope someone would help me fix it.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-5200u @ 2.2GHz
RAM: 16gb DDR3L Memory
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500 + Nvidia Geforce 820M (Disabled with wegnoegpu boot arguments)
Storage: Dual-boot via BIOS Boot Device Options
WDC WD5000LPCX-21VHAT0 500GB (MacOS Installation)
HGST HTS545050A7E680 500GB (Windows 10 Installation)
Wifi: Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless Network Adapter (Not supported)
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8106E
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC 282

I will attach my whole EFI partition. Let me know if you need anything more.
(Sorry for my bad english btw)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 146
Edit: I later found out that Catalina have some issues with Broadwell Integrated Graphics. This also applies to High Sierra & Mojave with 2020-002+ Security Update Installed. I have now moved to High Sierra with 2020-001 Security Updates (Last update confirmed to work)

Now I just need the fix for the keyboard (Issue still exist in High Sierra)

Now I just need the fix for the keyboard (Issue still exist in High Sierra)

Try using the ACPIkeyboard.kext or any kext for the keyboard. Also remove the VoodooPS2Controller.kext and use a AppleSmartPS2contoller.kext if the voodoo kext is for trackpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back