Contribute
Register

HP OMEN Laptop Clover configuration help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The installation succeeded. But a lot of things are not working properly.

Things failed to work,
1, cannot install kext using terminal. When I copy the file to the folder, it says "system extension cannot be installed." And when I still continued and used the command in the guide, the terminal returns no such file found. I also tried to fix permission, and nothing happened.
2, The battery status is not working (I am trying to follow the SSDT laptop guide, but I am very lost...).
3, The audio is not working, but recognize the hardware though. I used AppleALC, with lilu. I also tried insert an extra line, called, resetHDA, which end up stuck at loading screen, IOConsoleUser: gLOScreenLockState... so I removed it.
4, Trackpad is kind of working, I can use hard click and two fingers scroll. No other gestures or functions are usable. No trackpad is recognized in the settings.
5, The brightness keys are not working, and there is no brightness bar in the settings/display.
6, The keyboard is working weirdly as the alt key becomes the command key and the "windows" key does nothing...
Things workings so far,
1, graphics
2, microphone
3, CPU Power management is patched.​
Please, help... :(
Thanks in advance.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: "HP G6 2221ss" likely a match for your battery status.
For audio, use Mirone's AppleHDA patcher, and do required ACPI patching (see FAQ).

See FAQ for kext installation procedures. Remove anything you installed previously, and empty trash before proceeding.

The Alt=Command is correct (look at a real Mac keyboard).

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: "HP G6 2221ss" likely a match for your battery status.
For audio, use Mirone's AppleHDA patcher, and do required ACPI patching (see FAQ).

See FAQ for kext installation procedures. Remove anything you installed previously, and empty trash before proceeding.

The Alt=Command is correct (look at a real Mac keyboard).

Wow...that tool is like magic... Amazing work. At the beginning, I was like I can do it myself... Lol

Okay, so please allow me to sort out the stuff I can do now.

Stuff to do / finished,
Blue - ongoing, green - fixed, red - please help

HP G6 2221ss may fix the battery issue, with proper patching
Guide to follow,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.232986/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.232986/

Mirone's AppleHDA and a proper ACPI patching can fix the audio.
Guide to follow,
http://osxarena.com/2015/03/best-all-in-one-patch-applehda-guide/

keyboard issue resolved.

I cannot use the kext installation guide (help...). I install kext in these steps,
a) move needed kext to the S/L/E, or L/E,
b) The system says "system extension not supported."
c) I input the command from the guide in terminal
d) terminal returns "no such file or directory."
I did not install anything in those folders and I have essential kext in Clover/kext/others

Thank you for staying so long with me on this!!

Attachments

• debug_28975.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
I cannot use the kext installation guide (help...). I install kext in these steps,
a) move needed kext to the S/L/E, or L/E,
b) The system says "system extension not supported."
c) I input the command from the guide in terminal
d) terminal returns "no such file or directory."
I did not install anything in those folders and I put all kext in Clover/kext/others

Thank you for staying so long with me on this!!

a/b: You CANNOT install kexts with Finder.
(after installing kexts incorrectly using Finder, you must delete them before proceeding with any other method)
(kexts CAN be removed with Finder)

c/d: You must 'cd' to the directory where the kexts are. You might want to learn a bit about Terminal before proceeding. One trick is to type 'cd ' (cd then space) in Terminal. Then drag the folder (where your kexts are) to Terminal. It will put the path in for you, then you can press enter.

Another trick for kext installation... in Terminal, type 'sudo cp -R ' (trailing space is important, just like with 'cd '). Then drag the kext (from where you downloaded it) to Terminal. It will put the path to the kext into the command line, then type '/Library/Extensions', then enter.

You should then always check that your kextcache has no errors:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

(after installing kexts incorrectly using Finder, you must delete them before proceeding with any other method)

c/d: You must 'cd' to the directory where the kexts are. You might want to learn a bit about Terminal before proceeding. One trick is to type 'cd ' (cd then space) in Terminal. Then drag the folder (where your kexts are) to Terminal. It will put the path in for you, then you can press enter.

Another trick for kext installation... in Terminal, type 'sudo cp -R ' (trailing space is important, just like with 'cd '). Then drag the kext (from where you downloaded it) to Terminal. It will put the path to the kext into the command line, then type '/Library/Extensions', then enter.

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Thank you so much!!! The reply is so quick! I wish I could work with you more but my finals are due... :(. Gotta work on that now. I might report back to you with more information tomorrow.

Please accept my sincere appreciation and have a great day!

Ps, the audio somehow worked after I changed the layout-id to an alternative ID, 28... Hahahahahahha!

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

This worked, your words of wisdom haha.

Now the new problem is,
1, the backlight slider bar is not in the display tab in settings after following the guide in FAQ.

It is like not working at all...I tried to reboot twice, as the guide suggested, and rebuild the cache. Does this mean I cannot adjust it because I do not have an IGPU? Or I am missing some DSDT patches?

Thank you very much rehabman!

Attachments

• debug_20687.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
This worked, your words of wisdom haha.

Now the new problem is,
1, the backlight slider bar is not in the display tab in settings after following the guide in FAQ.

It is like not working at all...I tried to reboot twice, as the guide suggested, and rebuild the cache. Does this mean I cannot adjust it because I do not have an IGPU? Or I am missing some DSDT patches?

Thank you very much rehabman!

SSDT-PNLF.aml and AppleBacklightInjector.kext are only for laptops with Intel graphics.
You're using Nvidia.
You will have some research to do.

SSDT-PNLF.aml and AppleBacklightInjector.kext are only for laptops with Intel graphics.
You're using Nvidia.
You will have some research to do.

Okay. I will try my luck and see if I can find anything useful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back