Contribute
Register

HP Microserver N40L (referring an old guide for installing Snow Leopard on N36L)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MBA
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This does have a AMD Turion™ II Neo N40L (1.5GHz) which I believe iBoot doesn't support. However, I've come across this site which shows how to install on a N36L (very similar older version of the HP Microserver), however, some of the websites and files that are referenced no longer seem to be available. Whilst I'm trying to scour the internet to find cached copies/re-blogs etc. is anyone able to offer advice on what I should be looking for or other possible methods?

...first attempt at hackintosh and I had to start with something difficult...
:rolleyes:

This does have a AMD Turion™ II Neo N40L (1.5GHz) which I believe iBoot doesn't support. However, I've come across this site which shows how to install on a N36L (very similar older version of the HP Microserver), however, some of the websites and files that are referenced no longer seem to be available. Whilst I'm trying to scour the internet to find cached copies/re-blogs etc. is anyone able to offer advice on what I should be looking for or other possible methods?

...first attempt at hackintosh and I had to start with something difficult...
:rolleyes:

You won't find any information on this site for installing Mac OS X on an AMD processor - it's against the rules.

Ok, no problem.

Yo dude

It is feasible to install Snow Leopard on HP N40 L, I got it running as we speak. I had to learn the hard way but very happy with the outcome.

Yo dude

It is feasible to install Snow Leopard on HP N40 L, I got it running as we speak. I had to learn the hard way but very happy with the outcome.

Hi ahhyess, how did you do it? I am thinking of doing the same thing can you give me any pointers. To me that is the perfect soluition for an all mac home. The best of both worlds OS X server with a NAS foot print. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back