Contribute
Register

HP Microserver Gen8 - USB (now working) & Built-in BCM Ethernet non functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Edhawk,

i have HP Microserver Gen8 and i will install Hackintos on the Server.
I have a USB installer (High Sierra) with your CLOVER folder. The installer run but stop with kernel panic.
Do you have any idea what's wrong?

- Xeon E3-1265L V2 CPU
- 8GB 1333MHz Ram (2 x 4GB ECC memory)
- Intel SSD on the SATA5 controller
- NVIDIA 1030 Graphic card

I could never get High Sierra to boot to the macOS installer. Try Sierra, that should work perfectly well. I used a cloned drive to get High Sierra and Mojave running on the Microserver.

The only other thing I can think would be the Nvidia graphics card settings need to be changed in the config.plist.

I have used AMD graphics cards in both of my Gen8 Microserver Hacks.

Hope this is helpful.

I see a USB 3.0 controller listed in the system information screenshot. Did you get those Renasans USB3 ports working, or did you abandon them?

I abandoned them in El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave, after spending a lot of time and installing a number of different USB 3.0 drivers/fixes. None of which worked, usually they messed up the working USB ports.

If you have/find a fix for these ports that works without losing the USB 2.0 ports, let me know.

No luck for me either. I managed to get them working as USB2 ports on my Lenovo C30 (v 1136) with x79/series 7 motherboard using this driver https://github.com/chris1111/USB-3.0-NEC. However, I can't get them to operate at USB3 speeds. I also can't get USBInjectAll to inject them despite clover ACPI patch renames (USBE/EUSB -> EH01 and renaming to XHC_ so I can't create an SSDT for the ports.

Yeah I’ve been through all that pain! Until someone creates a fix for Renasas USB on macOS I think these are dead to us.

Hi, im now creating Legacy USB with mojave should i except any problems with booting?
I got Xeon 1230v2, nvidia geforce 1030, all working good with win.

Last edited:
I had issues installing Mojave and High Sierra, in that I couldn't get the installation to complete for either OS on the Microserver. I ended up using clones from my other Hacks for running High Sierra and Mojave on the Microserver Gen8.

I stuck with Sierra as I wanted to use the OS X Server App and the last good version of the Server App was for Sierra 10.12.6. I also had to change the smbios for the Mojave OS to boot, as Apple dropped the smbios that worked from Snow Leopard up to High Sierra.

Nvidia drivers are not available for Mojave, so no graphics acceleration available with the GTX 1030 card. You need a Mojave compatible low profile AMD GPU or to install Sierra/High Sierra for the Nvidia card to work at its full capabilities.

Just for clarity I am currently using iMac 13.2 smbios with my Sierra installation.

I have FakeSMC.kext and the BCM5722D.kext installed to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

All I have installed to the /Library/Extensions folder is FakeSMC, FakeSMC sensor kext and the version 2.3.6 of the BCM5722D ethernet kext. /S/L/E has been left in its vanilla state.

I have attached a copy of my Sierra CLOVER folder, hope this helps.

Attachments

• Microserver Gen8 CLOVER.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 167
You can't install/run macOS or any OS from SATA 5 on the HP Microserver. The OS has to be on SATA 1, left hand caddy bay. The other three caddy bays can contain high density HD's, I have one Microserver with 3 x 2TB Western Digital Green HD's and the other with 3 x 3TB WD Red HD's.

I recently installed Mojave 10.14.4 on one of my two Gen8 Microserver's and it was very glitchy, kept locking up when trying to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache with Kext Utility or in Terminal. So tried High Sierra, had the same issues. Installed Sierra and everything working as expected. All installations were run with the same CLOVER folder I attached above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back