RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HP Microserver Gen8 Hackintosh

This is not a guide, these are purely my observations on installing and running OS X or MacOS on a HP Microserver Gen8, YMMV!

I currently have a clean installation of macOS Sierra 10.12.4 on a HP Microserver Gen8 machine.

My Microserver has been set up with the following:
  • 128GB Samsung 830 Series SSD in left hand SATA port (No 1).
  • SATA Ports 1 & 2 are 6G Ports, ports 3, 4 & 5 are 3G ports (5 is internal port with DVD ROM drive attached.
  • I am proposing to populate the remaining SATA ports with three 2 TB Western Digital HD’s I already own.
  • 8GB ECC RAM (2 x 4GB 1333MHz), can be upgraded to 16GB but RAM must be non-registered ECC, will also accept 1600MHz RAM.
  • AMD Radeon HD6450 2GB Graphics Card. Pithecia Framebuffer, 2 ports and ATI injected selected within Clover.
  • HP Slim line DVD Writer (SATA port 5). Works out of the box connected to the internal SATA port.
My Gen8 Microserver comes with the following elements built-in:
  • Celeron G1610T 2.30GHz CPU (Ivy Bridge).
  • Four Intel USB 2.0 ports, two on the front and two on the rear. 8086:1C26 & 8086:1C2D
  • Two Renesas USB 3.0 ports on the rear. 1912:0014
  • One internal USB Port. 103C:3300
  • 6 Series/C200 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller 8086:1C02
  • C204 Chipset Family LPC Controller. 8086:1C54
  • Hewlett Packard dedicated Integrated Lights Out port, on the rear.
  • Two NetXtreme BCM5720 Ethernet Gigabit Ports on the rear. 14E4:165F
  • Matrox G200EH IGPU (disabled in bios) on rear VGA port
The 8GB Boot USB was created using the ‘CreateInstallMedia’ Terminal routine, Clover r4047 was installed in Legacy mode.

I have attached a copy of my EFI/Clover folder, without the Themes folder. The only Kexts required to allow the Microserver to boot are FakeSMC and GenericUSBXHCI, these were placed in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other on the USB. I have used Rehabman’s versions of these kexts.

The first thing of note is that the front two USB 2.0 ports work and provide access to the bios when the machine is first turned on. They also work during the initial stages of the installation. The two rear USB 2.0 ports do not work during boot, as HP has disabled them during the boot process, this cannot be changed in the bios. Until Clover has booted and injected the GenericUSBXHCI kext the two rear USB 3.0 ports will also be unavailable.

The HP bios for the Gen8 Microserver is I believe legacy and not overly friendly, but once you start looking through the sub-sections most items are easy to locate. I made the following changes to the HP Bios:

Press F9 to enter bios and Select ‘System Default Options’ and reboot.

Press F9 to enter bios again.

Under ‘System Options’
‘Serial Port Options’:
  • Virtual Serial Port - Disabled.
‘Embedded NICs’:
  • NIC 1 Boot Options – Disabled
  • NIC 2 Boot Options - Disabled
‘Processor Options’:
  • Intel Virtualisation Technology - Disabled
  • Intel VT-d - Disabled
‘SATA Controller Options’:
  • Embedded SATA Configuration - Enable SATA AHCI Support
‘Power Management Options’:
Advanced Power Management Options:
  • Select No C-States under Minimum Processor Idle Power Core State
  • Select No Package State under Minimum Processor Power Package State
Under ‘Standard Boot Order (IPL)’
  • Change boot order so USB DriveKey (C) is IPL:1
  • Change boot order so Hard Drive C: is IPL:2
Under ‘Advanced Options’:
‘Video Options’:
  • Select Optional Video Primary and Embedded Video Disabled. Obviously, this requires that a low profile discrete Graphics Card be installed in the single x16 2.0 pci-e slot.
All these changes may not be required/necessary, but from previous experience I thought it best to change the items listed above. I left the rest of the bios options unchanged. To exit the bios, press ‘Esc’ and ‘F10’ to confirm changes and the Microserver will reboot.

Reboot with the Installation USB in one of the two front USB 2.0 ports and a wired keyboard in the other. At the end of HP’s boot routine, you are given the option to Press one of Three Function keys; F9, F10 & F11. F9 will take you back to the bios; F10 will open HP’s ‘Intelligent Provisioning’ software; F11 gives you a list of boot options.

If you didn’t change the boot order in the bios so the USB DriveKey was first you will need to Press F11 and then the number 3, to select to boot from the USB installer. If your USB is not found you have probably installed Clover in the EFI and the machine will be in a continuous search loop. If you have installed clover on the root of the USB installer it will be found and you will be faced with the normal Clover boot options.

When you get to the Clover Boot Screen you should have the option to Boot OS X from the installation USB. You can also use the keyboard to check or adjust your Config.plist settings etc.

I only required the following boot arguments in Clover for the Microserver to start the OSX installation:

-v kext-dev-mode=1 –f

Installation Issues:

With the stated clover boot arguments, the installation should start to run through the Verbose screen and will do so until just before it gets to the creating RAM drives for the installation. At this point it will stall, showing the ‘No Entry’ symbol on the screen, if left alone the ‘waiting for root device’ message appears but garbled.

To avoid the installation failing at this point you will need to move the installation USB stick to one of the two USB 3.0 ports on the rear of the Microserver. I found when this is accomplished quickly that the installation will continue, I do mean this needs to be done quickly, so as not to have the installation completely stall looking for the installation USB stick.

I learnt to boot with a spare wireless USB Keyboard and mouse combination plugged in to one of the USB 3.0 ports, so I did not have to move the wired keyboard from the front USB port at the same time. The mouse came in handy when selecting the options during OS X installation. What also came in handy was using a USB 2.0 extension lead (keyboard extension USB lead), plugged in to the other USB 3.0 port, so I did not have to stretch around the back of the Microserver but could quickly and easily move the installation USB from the front port to the extension cable port.

I would not recommend attaching any Ethernet cables to the rear of the Microserver during installation as they will only get in the way at this stage.

Assuming you were quick enough with the USB move the installation should continue as normal and you should be able to format your hard drive and run through the first stages of the OS X installation.

When the Microserver reboots after the first stage of the installation has completed you will need to move the USB boot drive back to one of the front USB 2.0 ports, so you can boot from it and run through the second stage of the installation. You may need to swap the position of the USB from the front to a rear USB 3.0 port as before.

You may need to do this once more during the final stage of the installation, where you finalise the installation and set up the Microserver with a User account, select your country etc. You will need to skip the connection to the Internet stage as the Ethernet ports are non-functioning.

When I reached the Desktop for Sierra I proceeded to install a GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 adapter in one of the rear USB 3.0 ports, this allowed me to pair my Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad in place of the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combination that I borrowed from a Snow Leopard Hack.

Once you boot to OS X, whether that is Yosemite, El Capitan or Sierra you will find the following:
  • The four Intel USB ports do not work under OS X. Only the two USB 3.0 ports work, thanks to GenericUSBXHCI.kext being injected. I tried using a powered USB Hub in one of the USB 3.0 ports but due to what seems to be a power limitation on these two ports this was not successful. Plugging In anything that draws any significant amount of power from the USB ports lead to the keyboard and trackpad becoming non-functioning.
  • At this point I installed FakeSMC and GenericUSBXHCI to S/L/E. When I installed Clover to the SSD I only had to set the ‘Inject Kexts’ to ‘Detect’.
  • The Intel USB 2.0 ports will show up in ioReg, see attached ‘Mac-Server’ zip file. But they do not have any hubs or sub-ports attached. I have tried several different USB ‘fixes’ but with no resolution to this problem. The 6 Series USB DSDT patch is not selectable in MaciASL.
  • The two Ethernet ports on the rear are non-functional and do not show up under System Information. The solo HP Integrated Lights Out port is never going to work under OS X or macOS.
  • Installing FakePCID.kext and FakePCID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext will show the ports as enabled and they will show up under System Information. I have added the Vendor id & Device id (14e4:165f) to the BCM kext. But I could not get any internet access.
  • Ethernet port en0 will be provided with a ‘Self Assigned IP’ when the Ethernet ports are added via System Preferences – Network. Plugging and Unplugging the Ethernet cable didn’t change this ‘Self-assigned IP’. Deleting the network adapters under System Preferences Network and deleting the network preferences plist from Library/Preferences/System Configuration also failed to resolve this matter.
  • Providing the port with a manual IP (outside the DHCP range) will show the port as being connected and with a valid IP, but still with no internet access.
  • I removed FakePCID.kext’s and installed another Broadcom Ethernet kext BCM5722D versions 2.3.6 & 2.3.5, but with the same result. Again, the vendor and device id for the NetXtreme Ethernet ports had to be added to the info.plist for both of these kexts. Still not Ethernet internet access.
Other than the USB and Ethernet issues the Hack installation works well, I have encountered no graphic issues or other problems arising in general usage. If the Ethernet issues can be resolved this would probably make a good headless Mac-Server for backups and data storage etc. That was my plan when I started playing with this machine, to have a 24/7 low energy MAC server running backups and data storage for the various Macs and Hacks in our household.

I have attempted to create an SSDT for power management using Alpha Pike’s terminal routine. Even though the Celeron CPU is listed in the Beta version, Ivy-Bridge.cfg it fails to find some relevant information in the DSDT and terminates the process.

Matters to be resolved:
  • Working Intel USB 2.0 ports
  • Working Ethernet port(s)
  • Power Management SSDT for CPU. May have to patch the DSDT with the relevant information (whatever that is) before this will work.
  • Patch DSDT & SSDT’s, attached zip file contains files extracted using Clover F4. I have installed Rehabman’s MaciASL with APCI 6.1 and several PJALM patch sources, I have dissembled the aml files to dsl, using Rehabman’s tutorial and applied a number of basic patches. But have not placed them in Clover/Patched folder as the fixes applied are just the generic rename fixes. Nothing has changed with regards the USB or Ethernet ports.
  • Fix Bluetooth Handoff and Hotspot functions (not essential)
  • AMD HDMI Audio, there is no built-in audio with the Microserver (not essential)
Just for clarity I have set up Clover with a SMbios for an iMac 13.2. I was thinking of changing this to a Mac Pro 5.1 as the MacPro uses ECC RAM and has five external USB 2.0 ports, which is a reasonably close match for the Microserver. Obviously not the CPU but you work with what you are given. The Microserver CPU can be upgraded to a Xeon E3 -12XXL Ivy Bridge CPU, but the upgraded CPU would likely cost more than the Microserver & RAM combined.

Thanks for reading this (long) post, if you have any suggestions on how to fix either the USB or Ethernet issues encountered with this machine they would be gratefully received.

** Please check post 24 on page 3 for the latest update hacking the HP Gen8 Microserver https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...et-non-functioning.223775/page-3#post-1758503 - edited 06/06/2018

Last edited:
HP Microserver Gen8 Hackintosh

This is not a guide, these are purely my observations on installing and running OS X or MacOS on a HP Microserver Gen8, YMMV!

I currently have a clean installation of macOS Sierra 10.12.4 on a HP Microserver Gen8 machine.

My Microserver has been set up with the following:
  • 128GB Samsung 830 Series SSD in left hand SATA port (No 1).
  • SATA Ports 1 & 2 are 6G Ports, ports 3, 4 & 5 are 3G ports (5 is internal port with DVD ROM drive attached.
  • I am proposing to populate the remaining SATA ports with three 2 TB Western Digital HD’s I already own.
  • 8GB ECC RAM (2 x 4GB 1333MHz), can be upgraded to 16GB but RAM must be non-registered ECC, will also accept 1600MHz RAM.
  • AMD Radeon HD6450 2GB Graphics Card. Pithecia Framebuffer, 2 ports and ATI injected selected within Clover.
  • HP Slim line DVD Writer (SATA port 5). Works out of the box connected to the internal SATA port.
My Gen8 Microserver comes with the following elements built-in:
  • Celeron G1610T 2.30GHz CPU (Ivy Bridge).
  • Four Intel USB 2.0 ports, two on the front and two on the rear. 8086:1C26 & 8086:1C2D
  • Two Renesas USB 3.0 ports on the rear. 1912:0014
  • One internal USB Port. 103C:3300
  • 6 Series/C200 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller 8086:1C02
  • C204 Chipset Family LPC Controller. 8086:1C54
  • Hewlett Packard dedicated Integrated Lights Out port, on the rear.
  • Two NetXtreme BCM5720 Ethernet Gigabit Ports on the rear. 14E4:165F
  • Matrox G200EH IGPU (disabled in bios) on rear VGA port
The 8GB Boot USB was created using the ‘CreateInstallMedia’ Terminal routine, Clover r4047 was installed in Legacy mode.

I have attached a copy of my EFI/Clover folder, without the Themes folder. The only Kexts required to allow the Microserver to boot are FakeSMC and GenericUSBXHCI, these were placed in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other on the USB. I have used Rehabman’s versions of these kexts.

The first thing of note is that the front two USB 2.0 ports work and provide access to the bios when the machine is first turned on. They also work during the initial stages of the installation. The two rear USB 2.0 ports do not work during boot, as HP has disabled them during the boot process, this cannot be changed in the bios. Until Clover has booted and injected the GenericUSBXHCI kext the two rear USB 3.0 ports will also be unavailable.

The HP bios for the Gen8 Microserver is I believe legacy and not overly friendly, but once you start looking through the sub-sections most items are easy to locate. I made the following changes to the HP Bios:

Press F9 to enter bios and Select ‘System Default Options’ and reboot.

Press F9 to enter bios again.

Under ‘System Options’
‘Serial Port Options’:
  • Virtual Serial Port - Disabled.
‘Embedded NICs’:
  • NIC 1 Boot Options – Disabled
  • NIC 2 Boot Options - Disabled
‘Processor Options’:
  • Intel Virtualisation Technology - Disabled
  • Intel VT-d - Disabled
‘SATA Controller Options’:
  • Embedded SATA Configuration - Enable SATA AHCI Support
‘Power Management Options’:
Advanced Power Management Options:
  • Select No C-States under Minimum Processor Idle Power Core State
  • Select No Package State under Minimum Processor Power Package State
Under ‘Standard Boot Order (IPL)’
  • Change boot order so USB DriveKey (C) is IPL:1
  • Change boot order so Hard Drive C: is IPL:2
Under ‘Advanced Options’:
‘Video Options’:
  • Select Optional Video Primary and Embedded Video Disabled. Obviously, this requires that a low profile discrete Graphics Card be installed in the single x16 2.0 pci-e slot.
All these changes may not be required/necessary, but from previous experience I thought it best to change the items listed above. I left the rest of the bios options unchanged. To exit the bios, press ‘Esc’ and ‘F10’ to confirm changes and the Microserver will reboot.

Reboot with the Installation USB in one of the two front USB 2.0 ports and a wired keyboard in the other. At the end of HP’s boot routine, you are given the option to Press one of Three Function keys; F9, F10 & F11. F9 will take you back to the bios; F10 will open HP’s ‘Intelligent Provisioning’ software; F11 gives you a list of boot options.

If you didn’t change the boot order in the bios so the USB DriveKey was first you will need to Press F11 and then the number 3, to select to boot from the USB installer. If your USB is not found you have probably installed Clover in the EFI and the machine will be in a continuous search loop. If you have installed clover on the root of the USB installer it will be found and you will be faced with the normal Clover boot options.

When you get to the Clover Boot Screen you should have the option to Boot OS X from the installation USB. You can also use the keyboard to check or adjust your Config.plist settings etc.

I only required the following boot arguments in Clover for the Microserver to start the OSX installation:

-v kext-dev-mode=1 –f

Installation Issues:

With the stated clover boot arguments, the installation should start to run through the Verbose screen and will do so until just before it gets to the creating RAM drives for the installation. At this point it will stall, showing the ‘No Entry’ symbol on the screen, if left alone the ‘waiting for root device’ message appears but garbled.

To avoid the installation failing at this point you will need to move the installation USB stick to one of the two USB 3.0 ports on the rear of the Microserver. I found when this is accomplished quickly that the installation will continue, I do mean this needs to be done quickly, so as not to have the installation completely stall looking for the installation USB stick.

I learnt to boot with a spare wireless USB Keyboard and mouse combination plugged in to one of the USB 3.0 ports, so I did not have to move the wired keyboard from the front USB port at the same time. The mouse came in handy when selecting the options during OS X installation. What also came in handy was using a USB 2.0 extension lead (keyboard extension USB lead), plugged in to the other USB 3.0 port, so I did not have to stretch around the back of the Microserver but could quickly and easily move the installation USB from the front port to the extension cable port.

I would not recommend attaching any Ethernet cables to the rear of the Microserver during installation as they will only get in the way at this stage.

Assuming you were quick enough with the USB move the installation should continue as normal and you should be able to format your hard drive and run through the first stages of the OS X installation.

When the Microserver reboots after the first stage of the installation has completed you will need to move the USB boot drive back to one of the front USB 2.0 ports, so you can boot from it and run through the second stage of the installation. You may need to swap the position of the USB from the front to a rear USB 3.0 port as before.

You may need to do this once more during the final stage of the installation, where you finalise the installation and set up the Microserver with a User account, select your country etc. You will need to skip the connection to the Internet stage as the Ethernet ports are non-functioning.

When I reached the Desktop for Sierra I proceeded to install a GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 adapter in one of the rear USB 3.0 ports, this allowed me to pair my Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad in place of the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combination that I borrowed from a Snow Leopard Hack.

Once you boot to OS X, whether that is Yosemite, El Capitan or Sierra you will find the following:
  • The four Intel USB ports do not work under OS X. Only the two USB 3.0 ports work, thanks to GenericUSBXHCI.kext being injected. I tried using a powered USB Hub in one of the USB 3.0 ports but due to what seems to be a power limitation on these two ports this was not successful. Plugging In anything that draws any significant amount of power from the USB ports lead to the keyboard and trackpad becoming non-functioning.
  • At this point I installed FakeSMC and GenericUSBXHCI to S/L/E. When I installed Clover to the SSD I only had to set the ‘Inject Kexts’ to ‘Detect’.
  • The Intel USB 2.0 ports will show up in ioReg, see attached ‘Mac-Server’ zip file. But they do not have any hubs or sub-ports attached. I have tried several different USB ‘fixes’ but with no resolution to this problem. The 6 Series USB DSDT patch is not selectable in MaciASL.
  • The two Ethernet ports on the rear are non-functional and do not show up under System Information. The solo HP Integrated Lights Out port is never going to work under OS X or macOS.
  • Installing FakePCID.kext and FakePCID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext will show the ports as enabled and they will show up under System Information. I have added the Vendor id & Device id (14e4:165f) to the BCM kext. But I could not get any internet access.
  • Ethernet port en0 will be provided with a ‘Self Assigned IP’ when the Ethernet ports are added via System Preferences – Network. Plugging and Unplugging the Ethernet cable didn’t change this ‘Self-assigned IP’. Deleting the network adapters under System Preferences Network and deleting the network preferences plist from Library/Preferences/System Configuration also failed to resolve this matter.
  • Providing the port with a manual IP (outside the DHCP range) will show the port as being connected and with a valid IP, but still with no internet access.
  • I removed FakePCID.kext’s and installed another Broadcom Ethernet kext BCM5722D versions 2.3.6 & 2.3.5, but with the same result. Again, the vendor and device id for the NetXtreme Ethernet ports had to be added to the info.plist for both of these kexts. Still not Ethernet internet access.
Other than the USB and Ethernet issues the Hack installation works well, I have encountered no graphic issues or other problems arising in general usage. If the Ethernet issues can be resolved this would probably make a good headless Mac-Server for backups and data storage etc. That was my plan when I started playing with this machine, to have a 24/7 low energy MAC server running backups and data storage for the various Macs and Hacks in our household.

I have attempted to create an SSDT for power management using Alpha Pike’s terminal routine. Even though the Celeron CPU is listed in the Beta version, Ivy-Bridge.cfg it fails to find some relevant information in the DSDT and terminates the process.

Matters to be resolved:
  • Working Intel USB 2.0 ports
  • Working Ethernet port(s)
  • Power Management SSDT for CPU. May have to patch the DSDT with the relevant information (whatever that is) before this will work.
  • Patch DSDT & SSDT’s, attached zip file contains files extracted using Clover F4. I have installed Rehabman’s MaciASL with APCI 6.1 and several PJALM patch sources, I have dissembled the aml files to dsl, using Rehabman’s tutorial and applied a number of basic patches. But have not placed them in Clover/Patched folder as the fixes applied are just the generic rename fixes. Nothing has changed with regards the USB or Ethernet ports.
  • Fix Bluetooth Handoff and Hotspot functions (not essential)
  • AMD HDMI Audio, there is no built-in audio with the Microserver (not essential)
Just for clarity I have set up Clover with a SMbios for an iMac 14.2. I was thinking of changing this to a Mac Pro 5.1 as the MacPro uses ECC RAM and has five external USB 2.0 ports, which is a reasonably close match for the Microserver. Obviously not the CPU but you work with what you are given. The Microserver CPU can be upgraded to a Xeon E3 -12XXL Ivy Bridge CPU, but the upgraded CPU would likely cost more than the Microserver & RAM combined.

Thanks for reading this (long) post, if you have any suggestions on how to fix either the USB or Ethernet issues encountered with this machine they would be gratefully received.

No Problem Reporting Files attached. Clover folder with themes removed along with ioreg can't tell much without them.

A copy of the various kexts I have installed and in some cases uninstalled, are attached in a zipped folder - Other kexts.zip

A copy of the Microserver's Ioreg is also attached - Ed's iMac-Server.ioreg

I have attached a number of screenshots from DPCIManger and System information to confirm the current status of the Microserver.

Attachments

• Other kexts.zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Ed’s iMac-Server.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 492
  • About this Mac.png
    About this Mac.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 857
  • Sys Info - Ethernet.png
    Sys Info - Ethernet.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 917
  • Sys Info - Graphics.png
    Sys Info - Graphics.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 786
  • Sys Info - Memory.png
    Sys Info - Memory.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 759
  • Sys Info - Network.png
    Sys Info - Network.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 815
  • Sys Info - SATA.png
    Sys Info - SATA.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 713
  • Sys Info - USB.png
    Sys Info - USB.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 725
  • Sys Info - USB WLAN.png
    Sys Info - USB WLAN.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 686
  • DPCIManager - PC List.png
    DPCIManager - PC List.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 698
Copy of Clover folder is attached. - Clover .zip

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
A copy of the various kexts I have installed and in some cases uninstalled, are attached in a zipped folder - Other kexts.zip

A copy of the Microserver's Ioreg is also attached - Ed's iMac-Server.ioreg

I have attached a number of screenshots from DPCIManger and System information to confirm the current status of the Microserver.

The USB configuration on this machine is weird to me. Theres no EHC1, EHC2 Controllers. USB is coming under pci1912,14. What happens when you remove GenericUSBXHCI? Note that Series 6 has 3rd Party USB 3.0 Controllers no Intel USB 3.0 onboard doesn't this machine have USB 2.0?

Yes, the USB configuration on the Microserver is a complete mess.

If GenericUSBXHCI is removed or not injected via clover there will be no usable usb ports. This activates the Renesas USB 3.0 ports.

The machine has four external Intel USB 2.0 ports, two on the front and two on the rear - 8086:1c2d & 8086:1c26.

There is also an internal USB 2.0 port - 103c:3300 (part of the HP Integrated Lights Out controller).

Yes, the USB configuration on the Microserver is a complete mess.

If GenericUSBXHCI is removed or not injected via clover there will be no usable usb ports. This activates the Renesas USB 3.0 ports.

The machine has four external Intel USB 2.0 ports, two on the front and two on the rear - 8086:1c2d & 8086:1c26.

There is also an internal USB 2.0 port - 103c:3300 (part of the HP Integrated Lights Out controller).

Press F4 at Clover boot attach Clover folder removing Themes ZIP attach.

Origin folder containing extracted DSDT and SSDT's etc. is attached - Origin.zip

Attachments

• origin.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 211
Origin folder containing extracted DSDT and SSDT's etc. is attached - Origin.zip

There are no EHC1, EHC2 in DSDT neither. Does the USB 2 Ports work in Windows or Linux?

Yes, Intel ports work under windows and Linux. I have another Microserver with Windows Server 2012 r2 Essentials installed, all six external USB ports work.

I have previously played with Ubuntu server and again all six external usb ports worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back