Motherboard
HP Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook m6-k025dx
CPU
i5-4200U/HM86
Graphics
HD 4400/1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I managed to get the Sierra installer booting on my m6-k025dx however as it is stuck in RAID mode I cannot partition the disk. I did a search but haven't found anything on how to fix this. Does someone know of a guide on getting Sierra on this laptop?

I managed to get the Sierra installer booting on my m6-k025dx however as it is stuck in RAID mode I cannot partition the disk. I did a search but haven't found anything on how to fix this. Does someone know of a guide on getting Sierra on this laptop?
you need to change to AHCI in BIOS

That isn't an option. It is stuck in RAID mode.

That isn't an option. It is stuck in RAID mode.

What kind of device is installed as the main storage device?
NVMe SSD?
SATA SSD?
SATA HDD?

Did you check for a BIOS update?
If you have an NVMe SSD and your BIOS does not allow AHCI mode, you will need to replace the NVMe with a SATA device and use SATA-RAID-282a.kext.

What kind of device is installed as the main storage device?
NVMe SSD?
SATA SSD?
SATA HDD?

Did you check for a BIOS update?
If you have an NVMe SSD and your BIOS does not allow AHCI mode, you will need to replace the NVMe with a SATA device and use SATA-RAID-282a.kext.

SATA SSD. I inject the kext when I create the installer right? And is there a way to get the track pad working in the installer or an external mouse my best bet?

Ok, Managed to get it installed. No WiFi, what is a good USB WiFi adapter that works with OSX? Bluetooth is listed so if I end up needing that, I'm OK there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back