Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 84CB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 & HD 520, 1920x1080
Hello,

I am currently trying to install Catalina on my HP 17-by0617ng Laptop.

Specs:
Intel i5-8250U Kaby Lake @ 1.6GHz (3.4GHz turbo)
Intel UHD 620 (and AMD Radeon 520 but I don't believe one can make it work), 1920x1080@60Hz
Motherboard: HP 84CB (according to CPU-Z)
UEFI Boot Mode

I already made the Installer USB with UniBeast.
Until now I was able to get to Clover and boot the Installer. But the Process hangs with a Debug message "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot" (view the boot log).

I also tried a little bit in Clover Configurator to tweak some settings according to some guides here, but I could not make it work. One thing i did not try was setting a fake CPUID.

Here some comments to the suggested BIOS-Settings:
If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it I disabled Virtualization. Nothing called VT-d there. Also dart=0 in boot flags should work (so I read)
If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it I don't think I have this
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it check
Set OS Type to Other OS No Setting there
If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it I don't think I have this as well
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled I'm very sure I don't have this setting, but it seems to be necessary. Maybe that's my problem.
If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0 Nope, I don't have such a BIOS

I'm also attaching the EFI-Folder.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 64
  • bootlog.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 46
Hello,

I am currently trying to install Catalina on my HP 17-by0617ng Laptop.

Specs:
Intel i5-8250U Kaby Lake @ 1.6GHz (3.4GHz turbo)
Intel UHD 620 (and AMD Radeon 520 but I don't believe one can make it work), 1920x1080@60Hz
Motherboard: HP 84CB (according to CPU-Z)
UEFI Boot Mode

I already made the Installer USB with UniBeast.
Until now I was able to get to Clover and boot the Installer. But the Process hangs with a Debug message "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot" (view the boot log).

I also tried a little bit in Clover Configurator to tweak some settings according to some guides here, but I could not make it work. One thing i did not try was setting a fake CPUID.

Here some comments to the suggested BIOS-Settings:
If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it I disabled Virtualization. Nothing called VT-d there. Also dart=0 in boot flags should work (so I read)
If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it I don't think I have this
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it check
Set OS Type to Other OS No Setting there
If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it I don't think I have this as well
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled I'm very sure I don't have this setting, but it seems to be necessary. Maybe that's my problem.
If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0 Nope, I don't have such a BIOS

I'm also attaching the EFI-Folder.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back