Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi RehabMan,
I got an HP jo44CA 17" display with i5-4200M(HD4600) and Nvidia 740M(i think no optimus with it) 12GB Ram 1TB HDD IDT audio codec Intel 230 wireless Realtek8168 Ethernet FingerScan No touchScreen.
i like to know please with what Kernel i should replace the original one in the installer and after intalling it to the HDD. If you have any suggestions please.

Hi RehabMan,
I got an HP jo44CA 17" display with i5-4200M(HD4600) and Nvidia 740M(i think no optimus with it) 12GB Ram 1TB HDD IDT audio codec Intel 230 wireless Realtek8168 Ethernet FingerScan No touchScreen.
i like to know please with what Kernel i should replace the original one in the installer and after intalling it to the HDD. If you have any suggestions please.

You patch the stock kernel. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

I'm almost done installing, now after installing done i will copy Patched kernel to new installed osx in HDD and will copy patched AICPM kext to S/L/E and figure org.chameleon.plist in Extra But what kext files i install in extensions folder(in Extra) and BTW: did not find macbook air 6,2 or iMac 14.2 in Chameleon wizard ..any idea please.
thank you a lot

I'm almost done installing, now after installing done i will copy Patched kernel to new installed osx in HDD and will copy patched AICPM kext to S/L/E and figure org.chameleon.plist in Extra But what kext files i install in extensions folder(in Extra) and BTW: did not find macbook air 6,2 or iMac 14.2 in Chameleon wizard ..any idea please.
thank you a lot

If you're using a patched kernel (not the kernel that is attached), you don't need to use patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement because it is not going to load (XCPM in kernel instead).

iMac14,2 is in Multibeast. You might find a few more in Champlist. I made my own MacBookAir6,2 and MacBookPro11,2, but am currently using iMac14,2 as it works in Clover too.

ok, i looks that Optimus tech not included in this Nvidia 740M (no logo on pc and never mentioned)
in DPCImanager it looks that all devices in this Envy are listed with drivers except Nvidia and Realtek 5227 card reader, centurion N-2230 and IDT audio codec.
where i can find Champlist you mentioned please
thank you

ok, i looks that Optimus tech not included in this Nvidia 740M (no logo on pc and never mentioned)
in DPCImanager it looks that all devices in this Envy are listed with drivers except Nvidia and Realtek 5227 card reader, and centurion N-2230.

If you have optimus, you'll need to disable it in BIOS or with DSDT and/or remove the nvidia drivers so you can use purely the on chip Intel HD.

Card reader probably won't work without some software work on VoodooSDHC...

I assume your 'centurion' is actually Intel Centrino WiFi. Not supported. You will need to replace it.

where i can find Champlist you mentioned please

I don't use it, but you should be able to find it with google.

i have AR9385 now. i will replace it with centurion card and will search for champ list then install a new dsdt from your repo (should i install ivy patches??) from this address:h**p:/https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

i have AR9385 now. i will replace it with centurion card and will search for champ list then install a new dsdt from your repo (should i install ivy patches??) from this address:h**p:/https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

I've never heard of AR9385. Do you mean AR9285. Not sure what 'centurion' card is, but it is likely not supported.

DSDT patches are good. And certainly some of the 7-series USB ones are applicable. I don't recommend installing any DSDT patch until you know what it does and if it is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back