Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys ,

Ive been trying to install mountain lion on my HP notebook and i made the unibeast Flash in my virtual machine and then i booted from USB,once i did that i got the option of choosing the Unibeast flash with mountain lion 10.8.3 on and then when selected the apple logo comes up for 2 seconds and then the computer restarts. i followed all the step and its not working so im thinking maybe its just that my Laptop is not compatible ? or maybe theres something that i need to still do before it will boot , i want to install it on a partition i made from my windows 7 hard drive. I cant seem to change the hard drive to ACHI or IDE or RAID theres just no option in my BIOS. thanks the only thing i didnt do so yeah.

Please Help i really want this , and i bought the Mac mountain lion dont want it to be for nothing

Thank you

I've the same problem, i can't select the AHCI mode because there isn't the advanced menu in the BIOS that for example there is in my hackintosh desktop computer's BIOS.
Is there anyone that can change the hard disc mode?

Please help me.

I've the same problem, i can't select the AHCI mode because there isn't the advanced menu in the BIOS that for example there is in my hackintosh desktop computer's BIOS.
Is there anyone that can change the hard disc mode?

Please help me.

What computer?

If it is a recent laptop, chances are it is already in AHCI mode. IDE mode is only used on relatively old laptops...

Well my laptop is about 3 years old now and i did see somewhere in device manger AHCI but if that is on , then wht doesnt it want to boot? please help me. thank you

Well my laptop is about 3 years old now and i did see somewhere in device manger AHCI but if that is on , then wht doesnt it want to boot? please help me. thank you

You probably need to use some flags to get the installer to boot. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Also, you should post your compete specs for you computer so that people can see what hardware you have and might be able to help... Also fill out the information in your profile and/or signature, so the information can be seen with each post. People trying to help are not going to search for it.

i tried all the flags it just does the same thing and i have put my specs as signature now =) i thought people could see it with profile stuff , im new to tonymac so yeah, been virtual machining my Mac OS but want it to boot now on laptop

i tried all the flags it just does the same thing and i have put my specs as signature now =) i thought people could see it with profile stuff , im new to tonymac so yeah, been virtual machining my Mac OS but want it to boot now on laptop

Did you try 'cpus=1' ??

yes i did try that and i also tried a combination of the flags together , i tried in verbose mode to see the error but it doesnt show any it just restarts when it gets to a certain point in the boot. I got it to work on my desktop but laptop is just failing all the time:cry:. is there anything else i can try ?

I stll havent been able to get it to work for like two months can anybody help? I was thinking that maybe mountain lion lost support for first gen iCore CPUs ? Cause i got Lion to work but mountain lion just refuses , please help thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back