CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@craighazan Yes, this is the first NVMe drive I have in my system. I did a carbon copy clone of my drive (160GBs) and the temps got up to 59 celsius tops.
That’s great, I’m glad you got it working without any issues. It’s good to know it can hit those temps reliably.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 9020-Q87
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm not seeing my NVMe drive temps in HWMonitor. The drive is mounted in a PCIe adapter. Anyone have any suggestions?
Hi. I had the same problem, to get around it I opened Multibeast and installed 'FakeSMC Plugins' and 'FakeSMC HWMonitor Application' onto my HP EX900. I'm now able to measure the temperature and see remaining life for the NVMe.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 9.55.41 AM.png

Motherboard
Dell 9020-Q87
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Today, there's an open box 250 GB HP EX900 NVMe @Newegg going for $27 with free delivery. Brand new they're back at $33, that's a pretty awesome deal, for the seven left at least!.

Compare that to a standard SSD from HP. I have the 120GB version installed on a 2010 MBP, I'm really happy with it, reads/writes around 500MB/s and has been reliable for almost a year. But at those speeds and .16 cents/GB, it doesn't really make sense. Especially when a new EX900 is .13 cents/GB and reads/writes at 1200MBps / 1900MBps. NVMe with macOS can be booted from Clover Boot Manager installed on a SATA Hdd or Ssd drive on Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell chipsets.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 Q77
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT710
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi. I had the same problem, to get around it I opened Multibeast and installed 'FakeSMC Plugins' and 'FakeSMC HWMonitor Application' onto my HP EX900. I'm now able to measure the temperature and see remaining life for the NVMe.
Despite having HWMonitor and the Plugins installed, I tried using Multibeast as you suggested. Now I only have drive temperatures and SSD remaining life showing (I used to have a bunch of other stuff.) I'll have to investigate what changed when I have a chance.

I'm on High Sierra still; are you on Mojave? If so, I'll try booting my Mojave work in progress volume and see if it shows up. Thanks for your help.

Motherboard
Dell 9020-Q87
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm on High Sierra still; are you on Mojave? If so, I'll try booting my Mojave work in progress volume and see if it shows up. Thanks for your help.
Yes I'm in Mojave. I installed 'FakeSMC' onto the CBM HDD in Multibeast 1st, not on the NVMe. Then in the second round after a restart, installed 'FakeSMC Plugins' & 'FakeSMC HWMonitor Application' onto the NVMe. I know for a fact to not install 'FakeSMC' onto the NVMe because things can go wrong!. I'm still figuring out what options to install on the NVMe, Network for example, I installed 'intelMausiEthernet v2.4.0' onto the NVMe not the Clover HDD and that solved a problem for me. Also switching the Hackintosh off and leaving it alone for 10 minutes can help instead of a simple restart.