CPU
Intel Core i7-6700T (Skylake) 2.8 GHz Quad Core
Graphics
Intel 530, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960A
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I have installed Sierra using Unibeast. I have everything working except three items.
1. Audio.
2. Graphics are really annoying. I am aware of the issue with Skylake and Intel graphics.
3. Built in camera. I can see it on usb 3 but i cannot find where to change this to make it internal.

Graphics: My BIOS does not support changing the DVMT. The preallocate is already set to 156mb. How do I change this in Sierra? Lots of screen tearing and almost unusable. System says only 7mb for Intel HD 530. I am not sure how to change this. I am using Clover. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I was able to resolve the audio. It uses the ALC 293 codec. Audio inject value was 28 and I used the reference guide from here
https://osxinfo.net/konu/applealc-kext-ile-hackintosh-cihazlarda-ses-aktif-etmek.66/sayfa-2

Last edited:
I also have the HP Envy Curved 34, can you upload your EFI or CLOVER directory so I can try to replicate what you have done. macOS dual booting would be lovely on that curved screen. Thanks.

Same here. I finally gave up for awhile. I didn't get the correct search results searching the .dsl for _INI for any PCI0 to turn _OFF. It must be initialize as a non PCI device. I don't know. Sierra runs decent enough to play with using vmplayer but I want to run it natively in a dual boot.

Sorry, this took so long. Messages were going into junk. I got everything working on two of these machines except for camera.... obviously. See attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 275
I replaced the EFI files on my clover boot install. Also replaced couple of kexts. Intelgraphicsfixup.kext and lilu.kext. I am still getting gIOScreenLockState 3 and PEGP-A: newuser-Client Failed: 0xe0002cd.

If I uncheck the intel inject. I get a black screen. I also made all fake ID 0x0 and tried intel fake id 0x123456789

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your hard work. However I could not replicate your success with the EFI you provided, but I persisted. You forgot to mention each time we boot from the USB flash drive, we have to change ig-platform-id to 0x12345678. With that one additional piece of information, I was able to load macOS Sierra to the HP Envy 34 Curved AIO without any difficulty.

Now macOS Mojave on the HP Envy 34 Curved AIO is your next challenge . . . Thank you so much for your outstanding effort.

Last edited:
I manage to get Sierra installed 10.12.6
System Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G2016)

I just copied the EFI files that is attached to the post above to the unibeast Sierra boot thumb drive I created. Everything installed fine with the exception of the Realtek 1gbe drivers (copied the latest Realtek kexts to the others directory). After I connected the NIC, I had to delete the files in the system configuration (library\prefernces\systemconfiguration) to get the Apple Store to work. I rebooted and reconfigured the NIC settings after removing the files.

Bluetooth shows up but the wireless does not work as expected with intel wifi.

I do have a problem trying to get dual monitors to work. If I boot with another HDMI monitor, then the built in DisplayPort monitor goes to sleep and does not come back on. Even after I switch the main display to the HP ENVY built in display, I only get a display on the extended monitor.

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB is what the system currently sees on my system and I have no graphic glitches.
I did notice that the Nvidia gpu is seen by the OS under system reports. I just don't have any Nvidia kexts installed.

Last edited:
Thank you for your hard work. However I could not replicate your success with the EFI you provided, but I persisted. You forgot to mention each time we boot from the USB flash drive, we have to change ig-platform-id to 0x12345678. With that one additional piece of information, I was able to load macOS Sierra to the HP Envy 34 Curved AIO without any difficulty.

Now macOS Mojave on the HP Envy 34 Curved AIO is your next challenge . . . Thank you so much for your outstanding effort.
I didn't have to keep changing the platform id value.

SUCCESS! I just finished installing Mojave 10.14.5 this morning. If anyone is still following this thread, I'll post steps either here or a new post.

I gave up on the dual screens on Sierra and decided to give Mojave a shot. Mojave does handle the plug and play of the extended hdmi display. I have to plug in the extended display after boot. Select mirror if the internal display doesn't come on. Then I can uncheck mirroring and it works fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 7.08.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 7.08.57 AM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back