Contribute
Register

HP Envy 17-j016sr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, its lame, but do you know whats de ALC codec? Im gonna install the Apple HDA from Multibeast....

It is not ALC (realtek). It is (a flavor of) IDT 76e0. Multibeast has nothing for the audio in this laptop.

Oh I see...

ITs that I cannot fin Gygas post with the AppleHDA, in his 10.9.4 file theres only the VoodoHDA.

Could you tell me where could I find the kext? Could be the vanilla too.... Again, thank for your huge patience!

He has switched to an injector technique. Same as what I do with patch_hda.sh. His injector was probably hand-made -- I like to automate things, as I'm interested in the "how" more than the "final result."

You should try both my injector and his... see if one is better (I haven't looked at the files, it could be the same result/effect/same data).

Nice. And nvidia is turned off.

When I had this laptop, I was using the kext that gygabyte666 was using, although I converted it for Clover on-the-fly patching. The script that creates the injector is in the Envy repo (patch_hda.sh). You run the script with vanilla AppleHDA.kext installed, and it creates an AppleHDA_IDT76e0_Envy.kext.

Ok, have it installed (AappleHDA) in S/L/E, how do I run the script please? Tried cd/ repo folder and then patch_hda.sh but it didn't recognise...

Ok, have it installed (AappleHDA) in S/L/E, how do I run the script please? Tried cd/ repo folder and then patch_hda.sh but it didn't recognise...

./patch_hda.sh

Oh, I see...

I have double clicked the shell, and ran it with Xcode... Is it ok??

Oh no, it didn't run, it only sows me the patch isn it??

Sorry... Gonna use the . on the command now. Thanks
Again!!!

It is just like when you ran ./disassemble.sh.

It is just like when you ran ./disassemble.sh.

Yeah Got it!!! Got my speakers under the laptop working...

Now that i understood the process, im gonna test with other appleHDA kexts to see if I can enable the top ones, the sub ive already gave up... But at least I have clean audio with vanilla kext. Didnt test the HDMI yet, but later ill test!!

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back