Contribute
Register

HP Envy 15t-J100; Trouble booting from HD and problems with Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the entire EFI folder located at /Volumes/EFI/ (The themes folder has been emptied.)

Clover is not installed correctly. You need to install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI. Although it probably doesn't matter, I would probably get rid of the 32-bit components just so we are sure you're not using them (BOOTIA32.efi, drivers32UEFI).

Clover is not installed correctly. You need to install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI. Although it probably doesn't matter, I would probably get rid of the 32-bit components just so we are sure you're not using them (BOOTIA32.efi, drivers32UEFI).

hmm they were there but I guess when I downgraded to the earlier version of clover, they were rewritten... I reinstalled those drivers and removed the 32 bit components but I'm still running into the same problem :/. What options should I choose in the Clover installer? Maybe I'm missing something??

hmm they were there but I guess when I downgraded to the earlier version of clover, they were rewritten... I reinstalled those drivers and removed the 32 bit components but I'm still running into the same problem :/. What options should I choose in the Clover installer? Maybe I'm missing something??

Check that what you think you installed is actually there...

I build my own Clover/installer from source, 64-bit only. This is what I see:
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 7.40.44 AM.png

You should really be using my config.plist... (I updated it to correct/remove the GUI section that had specific partition GUIDs from my system).

Check that what you think you installed is actually there...

I build my own Clover/installer from source, 64-bit only. This is what I see:
View attachment 94223

You should really be using my config.plist... (I updated it to correct/remove the GUI section that had specific partition GUIDs from my system).

Using those options and only editing the graphics section of the config.plist and changing nothing else in the EFI volume, I get the same result as before - black screen. I'm really thinking about going back to just using Chimera at this point...

Using those options and only editing the graphics section of the config.plist and changing nothing else in the EFI volume, I get the same result as before - black screen. I'm really thinking about going back to just using Chimera at this point...

Did you try my config.plist yet?

Post your EFI folder again.

Either that or start from scratch and do a Clover based install from the very beginning...

You're doing something wrong, but I can't put my finger on it...

Did you try my config.plist yet?

Post your EFI folder again.

Either that or start from scratch and do a Clover based install from the very beginning...

You're doing something wrong, but I can't put my finger on it...

I'd rather not do a full install at this point... but if things still don't work by tomorrow or so I will... anyways, attached is my EFI folder... It has your config.plist in it. Using your config.plist I am not able to see any drives in the clover GUI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 75
I'd rather not do a full install at this point... but if things still don't work by tomorrow or so I will... anyways, attached is my EFI folder... It has your config.plist in it. Using your config.plist I am not able to see any drives in the clover GUI.

That is not my config.plist. Do 'git pull' so you have the latest from the repo or re-download.

FYI: ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml and SSDT-4.aml seem to be duplicates. SSDT.aml is corrupt. SSDT-2.aml and SSDT-5.aml also seem to be duplicates. All this mess is "not a good idea."

It is probably ok, but you now have many efi files in drivers64UEFI that are not necessary...

That is not my config.plist. Do 'git pull' so you have the latest from the repo or re-download.

FYI: ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml and SSDT-4.aml seem to be duplicates. SSDT.aml is corrupt. SSDT-2.aml and SSDT-5.aml also seem to be duplicates. All this mess is "not a good idea."

It is probably ok, but you now have many efi files in drivers64UEFI that are not necessary...

Just did git-pull, the new config.plist has the same result as the other one - still can't see any drives.

Also I'd changed ssdt-1 to ssdt-4 and ssdt-2 to ssdt-5 because I'd read that the numbers didn't matter in clover. I changed them back to 1 and 2 to clean up the "mess"... Do you see both ssdt-1 and ssdt-4 in the same folder? Because I only see one of them...

Also what do you mean by corrupted?! How do I fix that??

Just did git-pull, the new config.plist has the same result as the other one - still can't see any drives.

Please be sure you copied it correctly...

Also I'd changed ssdt-1 to ssdt-4 and ssdt-2 to ssdt-5 because I'd read that the numbers didn't matter in clover. I changed them back to 1 and 2 to clean up the "mess"... Do you see both ssdt-1 and ssdt-4 in the same folder? Because I only see one of them...

Numbers do not matter, but you shouldn't have duplicates.

Review the files you sent me (download your own attachment). You will see the following files:
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 8.57.15 AM.png

Also what do you mean by corrupted?! How do I fix that??

Corrupt in that it is not an AML file. Appears to be a text file(DSL), with AML extension.

Please be sure you copied it correctly...
Tried again to be sure... neither the mac or windows partition show up...

Numbers do not matter, but you shouldn't have duplicates.
This must have had something to do with copying the folder because my actual EFI partition folder does not have duplicates.

Corrupt in that it is not an AML file. Appears to be a text file(DSL), with AML extension.

I'm not sure how that happened but your right, something was wrong with it... I reran Pike's script, this time making sure iasl was in /usr/local/bin/ as well as in /usr/bin/. It made a new ssdt.aml which it loaded into /Extra. I copied it /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and rebooted... still no progress though.

On the bright side, Ioreg now works with ssdt.aml installed (when booted from Chimera) which it didn't before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back