Contribute
Register

HP Envy 15t-J100; Trouble booting from HD and problems with Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had copied over the AML files but hadn't updated the smbios (just did.). Also am I correct in only editing the config.plist in the /EFI/CLOVER/ folder?

Yes, that is where Clover reads config.plist from...

I had not had installed EmuVariable, OsxAptioFixDrv.. Where do I find HFSPlus? It's not in the installer...

See: https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/tree/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64

Also how exactly is Clover Configurator used? I don't know how to modify and save a config.plist file... it seems like just saving the clover Configurator doesn't do that, it makes a file that only the configurator can open...

Clover Configurator can be used to open your config.plist. Run CC then use File->Open. You can also edit your config.plist with a plist editor (I use xcode), or with a text editor (be careful not to damage it).

also Windows still doesn't work...It still hangs on the boot screen...

I've never had much luck booting a legacy Windows install. In theory, Clover can do it, but I wanted a UEFI install of Windows anyway so I just re-installed. Or in some cases, transitioned the Windows install to UEFI -- a bit complex though and you need an existing UEFI install of the same Windows version to do it.

Yes, that is where Clover reads config.plist from...

See: https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/tree/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64

Clover Configurator can be used to open your config.plist. Run CC then use File->Open. You can also edit your config.plist with a plist editor (I use xcode), or with a text editor (be careful not to damage it).

I've never had much luck booting a legacy Windows install. In theory, Clover can do it, but I wanted a UEFI install of Windows anyway so I just re-installed. Or in some cases, transitioned the Windows install to UEFI -- a bit complex though and you need an existing UEFI install of the same Windows version to do it.

I am willing to reinstall windows if I get mac working very well.

Also reinstalled Clover and went over the config.plist a bit more slowly. I copied over the AML files and installed all the drivers. When I choose the Mac drive from the list it gives, the screen goes black (backlit but black) and nothing happens. It is able to start the boot process for windows but it soon hangs while booting. Any idea why the os isn't booting?!

I am willing to reinstall windows if I get mac working very well.

Also reinstalled Clover and went over the config.plist a bit more slowly. I copied over the AML files and installed all the drivers. When I choose the Mac drive from the list it gives, the screen goes black (backlit but black) and nothing happens. It is able to start the boot process for windows but it soon hangs while booting. Any idea why the os isn't booting?!

Are you using my config.plist?

Are you using my config.plist?

I'm using a modified version of it- its a blend between the one Clover made for me when I installed it (which gives the same problem) and yours. It is attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 226
I'm using a modified version of it- its a blend between the one Clover made for me when I installed it (which gives the same problem) and yours. It is attached.

If you're going to DropOEM, you'll need to "Generate PStates" and "Generate CStates" for install purposes. Later, you'll have a custom SSDT so not so much need.

If you already have an SSDT generated for your CPU installed to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, then you don't need it.

Other than that I see nothing major incorrect. Boot verbose so you can see what is happening during boot.

But your profile has no information on your laptop hardware, so maybe you don't even have a Haswell HP Envy laptop?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

If you're going to DropOEM, you'll need to "Generate PStates" and "Generate CStates" for install purposes. Later, you'll have a custom SSDT so not so much need.

If you already have an SSDT generated for your CPU installed to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, then you don't need it.
I'm using the ssdt that pike's script generated.

Other than that I see nothing major incorrect. Boot verbose so you can see what is happening during boot.
I have been booting verbose... I can't even get to the point where all the verbose stuff starts being displayed...
It's like it can't fine the proper driver or the drive isn't loading at all... EFI and Mac are on the same disk so I'm not sure why this is happening...

But your profile has no information on your laptop hardware, so maybe you don't even have a Haswell HP Envy laptop?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Done. Everything is in my signature.

I'm using the ssdt that pike's script generated.

I have been booting verbose... I can't even get to the point where all the verbose stuff starts being displayed...
It's like it can't fine the proper driver or the drive isn't loading at all... EFI and Mac are on the same disk so I'm not sure why this is happening...

Done. Everything is in my signature.

Do you disable nvidia via DSDT / SSDT edits?

And you see nothing in verbose? What version of Clover?

Do you disable nvidia via DSDT / SSDT edits?

And you see nothing in verbose? What version of Clover?

Yes, nvidia is disabled in ssdt-1 (formerly ssdt-4). Version r2671 of Clover which I think is the newest... it came out earlier this month I think.

When I select the drive, the screen goes black (it's still backlit but it's black). Nothing shows up. I've been checking the Clover logs but I can't seem to find where it failed.

I'm not too sure if you'd get anything from them, but the last two lines in the log are:

Code:
GUI ready
EmuVariable UninstallEmulation: CloseEvent = Invalid Parameter, original var services restored

This is different than every other time EmuVariable come up because typically CloseEvent = Success instead of Invalid Parameter... again though, I have no clue if this matters.

EDIT: Tried Clover version r2652 with same results.

Yes, nvidia is disabled in ssdt-1 (formerly ssdt-4). Version r2671 of Clover which I think is the newest... it came out earlier this month I think.

When I select the drive, the screen goes black (it's still backlit but it's black). Nothing shows up. I've been checking the Clover logs but I can't seem to find where it failed.

I'm not too sure if you'd get anything from them, but the last two lines in the log are:

Code:
GUI ready
EmuVariable UninstallEmulation: CloseEvent = Invalid Parameter, original var services restored

This is different than every other time EmuVariable come up because typically CloseEvent = Success instead of Invalid Parameter... again though, I have no clue if this matters.

EDIT: Tried Clover version r2652 with same results.

Post your entire EFI folder, less Themes of course.

Post your entire EFI folder, less Themes of course.

This is the entire EFI folder located at /Volumes/EFI/ (The themes folder has been emptied.)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back