Contribute
Register

HP Envy 15t-J100 TouchSmart - Complete Beginner (Don't know how to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, and as for windows, how should I go about getting it working again? I can't even access that partition because windows thinks the drive is locked. I'm running chkdsk right now with some parameters (/f /r /x) which is allowing at least that to work, but i don't know what else to do :(

Re-install Windows? Restore from backup? File system corruption is usually not recoverable. Generally, you attempt to obtain any important files not backed up and do a fresh install.

I'm probably going to just do a full wipe and reset through the recovery partition which will wipe the other partitions too, as that will fix my EFI also. I realize that this will wipe my Mac install, but for future reference, how do I stop this from happening again? Like what was the cause of the issue with Windows not working?

I'm probably going to just do a full wipe and reset through the recovery partition which will wipe the other partitions too, as that will fix my EFI also. I realize that this will wipe my Mac install, but for future reference, how do I stop this from happening again? Like what was the cause of the issue with Windows not working?

I don't know what you did exactly, so I can't offer any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back