Contribute
Register

HP Envy 15t-J100 TouchSmart - Complete Beginner (Don't know how to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I just installed clover, but it still tries to boot into windows and doesn't go to clover... So I boot with the USB right now.

it looks like the EFI partition is screwed up. Any ideas how to fix that?

Wait it just got further with getting into windows 8 ,the sign in page shows up but when I log in it shows "the user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded"

Wait it just got further with getting into windows 8 ,the sign in page shows up but when I log in it shows "the user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded"

Sounds like file system corruption. I would restore from backup.

Yes I just installed clover, but it still tries to boot into windows and doesn't go to clover... So I boot with the USB right now.

it looks like the EFI partition is screwed up. Any ideas how to fix that?

Some BIOS implementations check for EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi first. The fix is to rename it to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Then you'll boot into Clover instead.

So I renamed that file and clover now works, however OS X doesn't boot any more as soon as I select it it black screens even in verbose mode... I added the fakesmc.kext voodoops2 kext and HPraidinjector kext.
booting with the installer gets stuck at usbmsc identifier (non-unique): AA000000000000317 0x154b 0x5b 0x1100, 2
still waiting for root device

With a grey circle with a line through it

So I renamed that file and clover now works, however OS X doesn't boot any more as soon as I select it it black screens even in verbose mode... I added the fakesmc.kext voodoops2 kext and HPraidinjector kext.

Did you check the contents of your config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist on your HDD?

**** no I didn't. I edited my previous post with error, still checking for root device and stuff

booting with the installer gets stuck at usbmsc identifier (non-unique): AA000000000000317 0x154b 0x5b 0x1100, 2
still waiting for root device

With a grey circle with a line through it

Post photo from verbose boot. You should make sure your config.plist on the HDD has the same content as the one on your USB.

I'll post a photo, but if I can't get into either operating system, how do I change that file?

I'll post a photo, but if I can't get into either operating system, how do I change that file?

You can't boot OS X using your USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back