Contribute
Register

HP Envy 15t-J100 TouchSmart - Complete Beginner (Don't know how to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently typing this on my phone... I installed on the separate partition, but Windows is no longer working, even from clover or regular reboot, it starts to load and then black screens and gets stuck. I don't have internet on the Mac install and I'm not sure where to install clover... Help!

Currently typing this on my phone... I installed on the separate partition, but Windows is no longer working, even from clover or regular reboot, it starts to load and then black screens and gets stuck. I don't have internet on the Mac install and I'm not sure where to install clover... Help!

What did you do to damage your Windows install?

I honestly don't know. I booted with the installer using Clover and installed to a separate ntfs partition which I wiped and formatted to Mac extended journaled, I know I didn't wipe the rest of the drive because I can still access windows files in my so x installation. After that I rebooted again, but I couldn't get into windows.its seems like it starts to load, spinning circle and HP logo, but then it just black screens and stays there.

I honestly don't know. I booted with the installer using Clover and installed to a separate ntfs partition which I wiped and formatted to Mac extended journaled, I know I didn't wipe the rest of the drive because I can still access windows files in my so x installation. After that I rebooted again, but I couldn't get into windows.its seems like it starts to load, spinning circle and HP logo, but then it just black screens and stays there.

A little hard to know without all the details about your install and what exactly you did. What bootloader did you install (I'm assuming Clover)? Was your Windows install UEFI? Can you boot Windows via your BIOS hotkey (F9 or Esc)? What is the contents of your EFI partition?

I installed clover as uefi,yes. And my windows installation was probably uefi also. And I haven't actually set is x as the default boot partition yet, so a normal restart would go to windows which doesn't work. I haven't actually installed clover on the Mac partition yet

I installed clover as uefi,yes. And my windows installation was probably uefi also. And I haven't actually set is x as the default boot partition yet, so a normal restart would go to windows which doesn't work. I haven't actually installed clover on the Mac partition yet

Not sure what you mean by 'set is x as the default boot partition yet'...

If you did this:
- in diskmgmt.msc, shrank Windows partition to allow for a new NTFS (placeholder) partition
- in diskmgmt.msc, created a new NTFS partition in the now unallocated space
- formatted the NTFS partition in OS X Disk Utility as HFS+J (no deleting/re-creating partitions)

...Then your Windows boot should remain unaffected.

But if your Windows install won't boot, then restore from backup.

Sorry I meant set "OS X" as the default boot partition, I'm typing on my phone because I can't get Internet on my laptop...

and yes those are the exact instructions I used.
coule it be something to do with the HPRAIDInjector.kext?

Sorry I meant set "OS X" as the default boot partition, I'm typing on my phone because I can't get Internet on my laptop...

I don't understand "default boot partition." There is no such concept, unless you are referring to Clover settings.

and yes those are the exact instructions I used.
coule it be something to do with the HPRAIDInjector.kext?

A kext installed for OS X will not affect your Windows install.

Maybe you made some BIOS setting changes that are bad for your Windows install.

Sorry I barely understand what I am doing at this point. What I meant is that my laptop isn't booting into OS X by default. I'm still booting off of the USB to get into OS X.

my editor partition on the main drive is called "NO NAME" and contains an EFI folder which then has an APPLE folder, as well as HP, Microsoft, Boot, and Clover.

Perhaps this is the issue?

Sorry I barely understand what I am doing at this point. What I meant is that my laptop isn't booting into OS X by default. I'm still booting off of the USB to get into OS X.

So you mean you have not installed the Clover bootloader to your HDD?

my editor partition on the main drive is called "NO NAME" and contains an EFI folder which then has an APPLE folder, as well as HP, Microsoft, Boot, and Clover.

Perhaps this is the issue?

That is your EFI partition, and to me it sounds as if you *did* install Clover to it (the only way you'd have Clover directory there).

So when you boot your computer you should see Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back