Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
rehabman:

back to fakepciid.kext. your method is working great for me with yosemite, but i can't get el capitan to boot.

envy 15t-k0000, i7-4710u, HD4600.

for yosemite, i have fakepciid.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext (along with fakesmc) in clover/kexts/10.10

i am using clover 3253, which i have had success with on two desktop el cap installations including updating with all the public beta updates thru beta 4.

i copied the kexts/10.10 kexts to a new kexts/10.11 folder. i changed the config.plist boot argument from kext-dev-mode=1 to bootless=0.

i added the two arguments to config.plist/rtvariables needed to boot updates later than beta 1, although with my 2 desktops i was able to boot public beta 1 with rootless=0 and without the rtvariable section.

i am able to boot to the el cap public beta installer and make the installation on a usb hd.

after the install completes the boot from the new installation stalls where the graphics switch to the desktop should take place.

i then used kext wizard to install the fake kexts to S/L/E, to no avail.

i also tried rolling back framebufferazul and HD5000 graphics kexts in S/L/E to the yosemite versions.

are there el capitan versions of the fakepciid.kext and the FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext?

thanks

rehabman:

back to fakepciid.kext. your method is working great for me with yosemite, but i can't get el capitan to boot.

envy 15t-k0000, i7-4710u, HD4600.

for yosemite, i have fakepciid.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext (along with fakesmc) in clover/kexts/10.10

i am using clover 3253, which i have had success with on two desktop el cap installations including updating with all the public beta updates thru beta 4.

i copied the kexts/10.10 kexts to a new kexts/10.11 folder. i changed the config.plist boot argument from kext-dev-mode=1 to bootless=0.

i added the two arguments to config.plist/rtvariables needed to boot updates later than beta 1, although with my 2 desktops i was able to boot public beta 1 with rootless=0 and without the rtvariable section.

i am able to boot to the el cap public beta installer and make the installation on a usb hd.

after the install completes the boot from the new installation stalls where the graphics switch to the desktop should take place.

i then used kext wizard to install the fake kexts to S/L/E, to no avail.

i also tried rolling back framebufferazul and HD5000 graphics kexts in S/L/E to the yosemite versions.

are there el capitan versions of the fakepciid.kext and the FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext?

thanks

Follow guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...nvy-haswell-series-j-k-using-clover-uefi.html

Installing to USB HDD likely to be sketchy. Install to SATA drive.

the clip on the ZIF connector's "clamp" for the keyboard ribbon cable on the envy mobo came apart when i first opened it up after bought it in order to install a larger HD. i was able to get it back together but have been very reluctant to open the case again, which is the reason for using a usb drive. i understand your advice, though.

anyway, your reply implies that you have not needed to make any mods to the fakepciid kexts for el capitan.

i will work thru the guide you linked.

thanks as always.

the clip on the ZIF connector's "clamp" for the keyboard ribbon cable on the envy mobo came apart when i first opened it up after bought it in order to install a larger HD. i was able to get it back together but have been very reluctant to open the case again, which is the reason for using a usb drive. i understand your advice, though.

You can probably make installing to USB work, but you'll have to be certain you've done everything needed for properly working USB (eg. USB port injector).

anyway, your reply implies that you have not needed to make any mods to the fakepciid kexts for el capitan.

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back